“A new low in food - Don't waste your time and money”
Review of The Firkin & Fox

The Firkin & Fox
Ranked #33 of 92 Restaurants in Dulles
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I ordered a bowl of the clam chowder soup at this place and the appearance seemed OK, but upon tasting the "soup" it was white water without any flavor. If there was a clam in there, I would have been shocked. There were some numbs they called potatoes, but the whole dish was without any flavor - i.e. white colored water.

I fly out of Dulles almost on a weekly basis and I will never go back to this place. I haven't eaten at all the restaurants in the world, but this is the worst one I have encountered.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I had one of the most miserable airport dining experiences at this restaurant in the Dulles airport on Friday, 4/4/14. Listed under "Fine Fare" on the Specials section of the menu, I ordered the Firkin Fish Wrap described as "Crispy Beer-Battered Fish in a wrap stuffed with Lettuce, Avocado and Chipotle Mayo. Served with a Caesar Salad!" for $11.99 The fish, what there was of it, was far from crispy. A few small pieces of soggy fish crammed into a wrap with tons of lettuce and a few strips of avocado. The accompanying "caesar salad" was a poor example with brown lettuce and tasteless bread cubes. Not only was the food disgusting, it was way overpriced considering how bad it was. Furthermore, I chose this restaurant because I thought I might be able to get a decent beer with dinner. The only craft beer that was listed on the menu was not available. This place is a major disappointment and not recommended.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Food was a big disappointment , French fries tasted like cardboard , wings where barely cooked and table service was just terrible . Our host Jeaneth C was rude and unprofessional . Don't believe ? Give it a try !

1  Thank Stefanvpopa
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Surprisingly, this place was very good for being in an airport where quality and service are typically poor. The place was packed but the service was very brisk and friendly and the portions were huge and tasty. Lots of typical English food choices. We were impressed with the overall operation.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Service was as good as you could ever expect in an airport bar/restaurant. Food was perfectly fine and promptly delivered. Only downfall? Worst Bloody Mary I've ever had! Overall a comfortable place to pass the time between flights, though.