“For an airport wait, it was decent but could be better.”
Review of The Firkin & Fox

The Firkin & Fox
Ranked #45 of 92 Restaurants in Dulles
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

It was nice to sit in a comfortable booth, enjoy an Irish meal and have a pint of Guiness.

Waitress was pleasant and attentive, the music playing was contemporary and food was decent. We had the shepherds pie with side salad. Meat was dry, but gravy on side helped.

If you find yourself in terminal C and want a meal, give a try!

There are newer reviews for The Firkin & Fox

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Located in the C Concourse of Dulles Airport this is a great place to grab a bite, and a brew. Dulles is a bit crazy on the inside. Most of the dining offerings are just an experience to get something in your gut, but this place is an opportunity to enjoy food well prepared and tasty. They have a nice variety on their menu, they hit a lot of "bases". I got the feeling that the Staff is limited as to the number of chairs in their section or are under the gun to turn tables. The initial impression is that the staff wants to get you in and out as quickly as possible, however, this feeling went away after my food arrived, I was not hurried or rushed. Basically I got an inordinate amount of attention before my food arrived and then I got a comfortable/appropriate amount of attention after the food arrived. As to the food I received, it was stellar, properly cooked, tasty, well presented, an overall "out of the park" experience. But the down side to the experience was that I felt that while the meal was good, it was very expensive, the value was not quite in line with the experience, unless one is on a long journey of airport to airport travel and desires a meal with food as it should be experienced.

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

When I give a bad review it's for a reason. The waiter was non existent ... Hey your tip showed it! I had to get hostess after 20 for a second glass of water .. Never again.. Food is what you expect.. Salty, fatty, and expensive

Reviewed February 18, 2013

You wouldn't believe that Dulles Airport offered a warm and inviting pub with superb waitstaff, drinks, and food. Much better service and grub than most pretentious and overpriced restaurants out there. Glad I had a stopover and delay at Dulles...

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stopped by Firkin & Fox after landing early in the morning, and needing a quick bite to eat before my connecting flight. The decor is fine and looked like somewhere where I could get a tasty morsel, but the food was truly awful. I went for the chicken and gravy which was described as "chicken breast, lightly battered and smothered in gray". In reality the thin gray meat was salty and nasty. I ate a couple of mouthful, paid and left.

**I would rate it as one of the worst meal I've had in US.**