“Stranded at IAD due to cancelled flights - great hotel, very accomodating!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Washington Dulles Airport Marriott

Special Offer
Member Rates
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Dulles
Littleton, Colorado
“Stranded at IAD due to cancelled flights - great hotel, very accomodating!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I was stranded at Dulles due to cancelled flights and was forced to find overnight accomodations on a moments notice. There is no advertisement for Marriott at the airport terminal. I hopped on the internet via my laptop and discovered this hotel. The folks in reservations were extremely accomodating by getting me a room at 11pm and granting me a corporate rate to boot! The room was very nice and being that I had to work out of the hotel room the next day, I received a late check out time. These folks are really great and are probably used to working the 11th hour crises. I received a bag of toiletries (my luggage was at the airport) and had a nice quiet nights sleep. They even solved a double booking dilemna by cancelling my destination hotel for the night and replacing it with their facility. There are free shuttles every 15 minutes - a great service! I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Thanks for taking care of us weary stranded business travelers!

Room Tip: If stranded for the night, tell them and they can be extremely helpful
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Wokingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

You stay at a hotel like the Marriott Dulles Airport purely for it's close location to the airport terminal. Rooms are standard basic Marriott although because of the design you can have long walking distances to get to your room. Quality of food in the only restaurant is okay, and lunch is served by the bar in the hotel lobby. The executive suite suite breakfast is good. Staff at the hotel are friendly, but expect a struggle to get a room if you arrive early morning off a long international flight, even if they have rooms!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Chautauqua County, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We found the sheets stained and the room dirty. Also the bathroom looked as if it had been cleaned but not very well. The air conditioning was also not working and the room was stiffling hot. We complained and were changed to another room which was a little better and we were comped one night. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

The upside to this hotel is it's proximity to Dulles and the 5-minute shuttle ride to the airport. Also, if you do a park-and-fly, you get two weeks of free parking, which was utterly worth it. There is a special discount code that you need to find when booking, but it is there. The rooms themselves were fairly standard and the gym was serviceable but not much more. In that respect, many of the reviews of this hotel (i.e. just kind of bog standard and not special) are correct.

What did impress me, however, was the customer service from my stay. First, I realized (when I was on the plane) that I forgot some papers. They were able to rush and search the room (before the plane doors closed) and get me the information that I had left in the room. Second, I had left my expensive electric toothbrush in the bathtub. I wrote them an email while I was abroad, they found it and saved it for me (but I hadn't received an email back confirming they had found it). Third, the shuttle driver on the way back when I went to pick up my car called ahead to housekeeping about my toothbrush. This meant, when we got to the hotel, my toothbrush was waiting for me at the front desk. In my view (because both the papers and toothbrush problems were caused by my own errors), their service went above and beyond the call of duty.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

We stayed at the Washington Dulles Airport Marriott(on Aviation Dr) for 1 night and we stayed since its closer to the airport but also the best priced hotel in the D.C/Virgina area.

We made the booking on www.marriott.com

Pros:

1. The hotel provided a roll-away bed for an extra person for no charge.
2. At $86 for 1 night, you cannot go wrong!
3. The hotel is a bit older but it looks cleaner, simpler and I prefer it this way.
4. Free on-site parking.
5. Has a restaurant on-site but it looked pricey!

Cons:

1. No High-Speed Wireless Internet in the rooms.
2. No free-breakfast unlike other Residence Inn we have stayed at.

Overall, I recommend this hotel for short stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Stayed here one day to catch early morning flight. Location makes the hotel, however this hotel is old and showing it's age. From lobby to elevator (pretty grungy) one can find good wear-n-tear...not the sort of Marriott property I am use to staying in. Will choose Hilton on next visit due to reviews and closeness to airport.

Bright spot was dining option in bar area -- service was good, and food was good. Waitress even brought me another option when food was not to my taste.

Recommend you really look at reviews and choose Marriott if convenience is driving factor for selection. Some time, money and effort could make the hotel of the staandard Marriott is suppose to represent.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

When i go into the lobby, i feel it is clean and grand. the most problem is they just have one elevator for the whole building. the room is also clean and grand, the bed is comfortable

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dulles
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
4.0 of 5 stars 838 reviews
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport
BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn
Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel

Been to Washington Dulles Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!