This was a bad experience from start to finish. Firstly, I landed in Dulles around 9pm last Thursday night. After waiting 20 minutes at the Hotel shuttle stop in a biting wind, I phoned the hotel, was put on hold for 5 minutes (I timed it) only to be told that the shuttle is "on request". This is not mentioned on their website or on the 2 confirmation emails I received.
When I got to the hotel, the receptionist announced that "we've got a problem" and that I didn't have a reservation. I gave her my reservation number and showed her the confirmation emails on my blackberry. She claimed that the reservation number was in the name of someone else and for March 9th. I told her that this was not my problem and I was sure she had rooms available. She then took my credit card and Marriott card and allocated me a Double room as she had no King's available. Whilst the card was processing, she phoned someone externally and asked them to stay by their phone until she went off work as she needed to talk to them and "I will explain when I talk to you" - clearly a reference to her dissatisfaction which oozed from every pore of her body.
Got to my room to find the wireless did not function at all. I was not prepared to go back and face the seething mass of resentment again.
Next morning, the bill slipped under my door is at a rate $60 above the one confirmed on my reservation. I explain this to the new clerk who tells me it is because I moved to a Double. I tell him that it was the hotel who moved and he adjusts the rate in the computer.
As I'm coming to check out, this clerk is just going off shift, sees me coming and tells the new receptionist in Spanish that he changed my rate. Nevertheless she tries to suggest the rate is the higher one until I advise her that her colleague just told her that he has adjusted the rate.
Frankly, the only agreeable part of the whole experience was the shuttle bus ride back to the terminal for my trip home.
Rest assured I will never stay at that hotel again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Dulles Airport has newly renovated guest rooms and suites include a free hot breakfast Park, Fly rates available as well as long term parking Complimentary Dulles airport shuttle from 4:30AM to 12 Midnight with ample hotel parking - 1.1 Miles from airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Dulles Airport
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Hotel Dulles
- Fairfield Inn Dulles
- Fairfield Dulles
- Dulles Fairfield Inn