“VALUE FOR MONEY”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Dulles
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I travelled to the United States on the 10th of March 2013. I checked into this hotel on the 11th after online confirmation through the internet. The first thing that thrilled me was that I called the hotel from the Dulles Airport and within 15 minutes the bus was around to pick me at park 2H. Within 10 minutes, we were at the hotel with smooth check-in procedure. The room was card access controlled, very big and neat. It has cable TV and ironing facilities. All facilities were in perfect shape. For sight-seeing, I was at the Aerospace Gallery which the hotel graciously took me to free of charge and there was no fee paid at the Gallery. It was a wonderful experience as warplanes, the concorde and space shuttle (Discovery) were on display. For shopping, Walmart and Kohls were interesting places to go. Going by the bus is very very cheap but taxis can be as high as $15 per drop. The good thing about the hotel is that the bus took me from the Gallery to the Dulles Airport nearby and I called the hotel. Within minutes, they were around to pick me back to the hotel. Wonderful. The hotel's bus shuttle runs between the hotel and the Dulles Airport. On breakfast, I have no complaints. There were varieties to pick from. The restaurant arrangement was good under an atmosphere of cleanliness. The hotel front office staff were very friendly and helpful. They have good disposition towards lodgers. I would only wish that the hotel add some prime TV channels to their schedules so as not to make viewing monotonous. On day on return, the hotel took me back free of charge to the Airport. It is a wonderful place to lodge.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AB10_10
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport

Reviewed March 16, 2013

It's an ok place. Rooms needs to be dried and deodorized and are a bit noisy from above;. (Make sure you request a 3rd floor room). Standard Fairfield breakfast which is getting really old. Food was depleted by 845am and not replenished. At least the coffee was fresh.

Location for Sterling sales calls is perfect. It is on the end of one of the active runways - but if you're staying near an airport you have to expect that.

Day staff was complacent. Night staff handled an issue quickly and efficiently.

It's just ok.

Room Tip: 3rd floor - odd side
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Although not a luxury hotel, this Fairfield Inn has such high standards of cleanliness, service, food that we felt very well cared for. ON this trip we also stayed at an upscale Hyatt in Washington DC and we actually enjoyed our Fairfield Inn stay more. Just as clean, much cheaper, and breakfast besides.

1  Thank janeauten
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was my home for two weeks. I had asked for an early Check-in, the room was available when I arrived. The Staff were friendly at the start and throughout my stay. The room was fresh and clean, the beds were very comfortable. The wireless internet worked well, and the TV schedule was available and correct. I did not use the pool, it appeared clean, and of a size appropriate for the facility, I would expect that families with small children would be happy with this aspect of the property. The Workout Facility was a bit spartan, but the treadmills were Health Club quality and worked. Breakfast was available in the area that was used as the Business Center the rest of the day. Breakfast was as expected, good oatmeal, Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches available to heat and eat. The coffee was really pretty good, I drink it "black", brewed and then transferred to Air Pots, and as it was not discarded after Breakfast service, coffee was generally still hot and available throughout the day. The only downside was that I did not have a car, although there is a rental facility in house, so my evening meal choices were restricted to restaurant delivery or the Subway in the gas station nearby. The Staff had good suggestions of restaurants which offered delivery, and access to the Subway was easy enough by pushing the button to activate the crosswalk lights. There was another restaurant adjacent to the Subway/Gas Station/C Store, but that place(essentially a stand alone Food Court) closed early in the evening or late afternoon.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MO4975678910
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights while on business in the area.
I usually do not like the Fairfield but this one was good.
Rooms and nice and comfortable,
Breakfast (free) was good
Wi-Fi was a bit on the slow side but AT&T LTE was super fast on my iPhone

Very good option if you are in the DC/VA area.

Room Tip: I think the Queen beds are actually doubles so if you are used to a queen or king this might feel sm...
1  Thank Ohad B
Reviewed February 16, 2013

A short stay, arriving 11pm and leaving 7am. A good selection for a quick breakfast before heading to the airport. As usual, Fairfield Inns are excellent value, especially for a short stay. Free breakfast and WiFi are most welcome.

1  Thank rtw30606
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Getting stuck in DC due to weather was hardly an issue once I made a reservation here. I was given a discount by United due to the overnight delay. I was picked up promptly. The staff drove me to a restaurant and then picked me up again so that I could have a real meal after a long day of hanging out in airports. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. I wished I had my luggage so that i could use the workout room and pool. I will definitely stay here again when booking a room near the Dulles airport.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Katie M
Guillaume B, Public Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Katie,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your recent stay at Fairfield Inn Dulles Airport South, Chantilly. We are thrilled to know that your stay pleased you so much. This is what we strive for every day - perfectly satisfied guests!

Please come back to stay with us again when you are in the Dulles Airport area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dulles
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Courtyard Dulles Town Center
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!