“Lost it's Charm”
Review of Benihana Dulles

Benihana Dulles
Reserve with OpenTable
Benihana Dulles is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 92 Restaurants in Dulles
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Leesburg Pike
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Took our Grandson there for a fun experience. He enjoyed it, he had never been before . However, the cooks don 't do as my has they use to. The food was not good, chicken was tough, filet quality not great and I know the palate it generally a light one in japanese food but the meal really had no flavor. Pretty pricey for what u get. Won 't be going back.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

food was decent, overpriced, but good service and sushi was ok

Reviewed March 14, 2012

We decided to drop into Benihana's after nixing some other options in the area and were pleased to be seated right away. My observations below:

Pros:
- Unlike older reviews, our chef did do the onion volcano and some sort of vegetable train. I think he dropped one thing (not a utensil) but considering the number of times that he had food in the air, we thought this was quite well done.
- Price and value for money was good. We got the chicken and steak meal to share which included the soup, small salad, shrimp appetizer, chicken and steak. We also added on the fried rice which was another $3. My husband didn't even finish his meal (being pregnant, I polished every bit of mine off the plate) but we believe that there was plenty of food. Filling for about $50 with sodas.
- We didn't need to wait long for the chef. Despite almost all of the tables being sat (I think they have about 20?), we had a chef walk up shortly after we had finished the soup and salad courses.

Cons:
- The food wasn't exceptional, but it was tasty. I'd agree with another reviewer that the fried rice was a bit bland for the extra charge.
- It was a little bit difficult to find the server for refills. I'd probably suggest having one server for every two tables so that they can keep up with refills and anything else customers might need.
- After the chef left, he turned on a vent above the stove to cool the area down. Although I completely understand why it was turned on, it became so cold by our table that all of the women and some of the men, were commenting on how it was just too cold to eat. My husband finally went and found a server to turn it off.

Overall, I don't really think that the restaurant deserves the low rating that it currently has on here. It was good food and an entertaining evening.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

It's hibachi...there's only so much that can be done. If you've been to a Fujihana or another local hibachi restaurant more than once, you've seen all the tricks. Even still, the personality of the chef makes the experience fun. The tricks are cheeky and silly but all in good fun. My husband and I had the chicken and shrimp for two special. At $36, the price wasn't that outrageous. I expected it to me more pricey simply because of the Benihana name. We had a tiny bottle of champagne (had we known the size, we probably would have ordered something different but it was a cute bottle), a shrimp lovers roll and I had a blueberry Mojito. The Mojito was delicious but it didn't taste like it had any alcohol in it and didn't really pack a punch. The chicken and shrimp was fantastic. It was perfectly prepared and our chef did just fine. I think he was a little shy because he didn't make as much noise as some other hibachi chefs...and that's a-okay with me. :) All in all, the dinner was excellent. Because we were celebrating our anniversary, we were treated to ice cream, the happy japanese song and a free picture.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

For Xmas dinner I took my family to Benihana's. My family seemed to enjoy the food and festivities; however, I noticed some obvious degredation in service from my experience some 12 years ago at a Los Angeles Benihana. The food was good but not excellent as I expected. The chef was obviously 2nd string as his trick moves were all cut short because he could not execute them on the 1st or 2nd try. We had to ask for refills on water; my steak was over cooked and the wait staff really wasn't that pleasant. I really expected more bang for the buck.

1  Thank psharpton