“Nice, Clean & Friendly”

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 27, 2010

We stayed at the Sleep Inn on Jan 8 2010 for a business trip and was very surprised. I have never stayed at a Sleep Inn but i must say that i will stay again. When we first arrived the staff was super friendly and welcomed us in every way. We were not familiar with the area so we used the staff recommendation which was perfect for going out to dinner. I love the fact that they were just super friendly and the room was very clean and spacious. The gym and pool were well equipped for us. It was super clean and we had no issues during our stay!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank CleanFrank

Reviewed November 19, 2009

I stayed here the evening of 10/23/09 while traveling to South Carolina. I picked up a travel hotel coupon book and chose this hotel right outside of Roanoke, VA where I stopped to do some sight seeing. The coupon was for a standard room for $44.99. The hotel had interior corridors which I appreciated being a solo female traveler and was right off of I-81. Upon checking in I requested a smoking room but they didn't have any regular smoking rooms available. Jim at the front desk was great/pleasant and offered a smoking jacuzzi room for an additional $30 (total of $82.49). I was very happy to splurge and upgrade . However, upon running the jacuzzi tub all of this "grime/gunk" came out of the jets which obviously was a disgusting turnoff. When I notified the front desk manager (nicely) the next morning he basically brushed me off with not even an apology. The room was nice/adequate but because I spent the additional money for the upgrade I felt I shouldn't have been charged the extra $30 because of this sanitation problem. Breakfast was nice with waffles, danishes, etc. However, I am a big fan of good customer service and because my complaint was not acknowledged ( and I don't consider a hygiene/sanitation problem to be a small complaint) I would not recommend this hotel for that reason, at the very least not this type of room.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank stephanie12345
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Here's the rundown:
1. Our bathmat had mold on it. When I asked housekeeping for a fresh bathmat and showed her the mold she brought me back a "clean" one. When I opened it ...more mold.
2. I called before booking to MAKE SURE that there was a heated pool b/c we have a 14 months old who loves to swim. I was assured the pool was heated. It was ice cold. Needless to say, no swimming happened.
3. The continental breakfast is not good. It consists of one waffle maker, mixed fruit from a can, plain bagels w/cream chese, one choice of pastry, and never any caffenieted coffee.
4. Our sheets were stained.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank cfarnum
Reviewed June 12, 2009

This was my second stay here; quick smooth check in and the clerk was friendly. Nice lobby and property is well maintained. Multi-story with elevator and all interior rooms. Room was clean and comfortable. I selected a room with an in-room hot tub, which worked well although was really slow in filling up. Desk with comfortable rolling chair. Wi-Fi worked well. Bed was very comfortable with good pillows. Typical SI breakfast, waffles, bagels, pastries, cereal, etc. Didn't use it, but they have an indoor pool. Not a lot of choices of restaurants in the Dublin area, and on that exit there are only 2, both fast food. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2009

My teenage son and I pulled into this hotel late one night looking for a clean, comfortable place to sleep before driving again the next morning, and it did not disappoint. The man at the check-in was so nice and helpful. The bed was so comfortable that I actually overslept the next morning, which rarely happens to me in a hotel. The breakfast was fine with the usual cereals, bagels, rolls and waffles to send us on our way. We weren't there long enough to use any amenities like the pool or laundry, but everything seemed clean and well kept.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2009

I've very familar with this area and liked quick access via I-81. There's not much at this exit 101, but it close to most major franchise fast-food restaurants (Mcd, BK, Wendys, Shoney's, FATZ, etc) on exit 98 in Dublin. If you have time, nearby Clator Lake State park is fun for the family (lake "beach" swimming, wooded campsites, etc).

The people are very friendly. This is a no-frills hotel. The pool & hot tub were closed due to some reonovations, although we didn't see any work being done.

We stayed in a "suite", just an oversized room, but it was adequate, 2 -queens, w/sofa pull out that slept two. We needed room for 6, 2 adults, 3 teenagers, 1-11yr old. The most negative part of the room was the pull-out sofa, it had seen better days and was very uncomfortable.

High Speed internet worked well, both the wired (ethernet) and wireless.

The kids like the free breakfast and it somewhat made up for the sofa bed we made them sleep on. :)

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2006

I recently booked a room at the Sleep Inn in Dublin, VA for an overnight business trip.
The staff was friendly enough and the atmosphere was pleasant. The only complaints that I had is that the bed was very uncomfortable, and I could hear someone in the next room...shall we say...'using' the restroom in the middle of the night. But, I'm not going to hold that against the hotel.
Overall, my stay was okay and if push came to shove I would possibly consider staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Comfort Inn & Suites
Quality Inn Christiansburg
#9 of 14 in Christiansburg
Best Western Radford Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!