“Great cabins, great camping, great value!”

Claytor Lake State Park
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Dublin
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Out of all of the state parks in Virginia, this is by far on my favorites list! Not only is it affordable, but all of the 2 bedroom cabins are right on the water. The campsites are also great- spacious, close to the bath house, and the attendants are so friendly! This is a great alternative to hotels- especially during busy times in the area (games, graduation, conferences) when hotel rates are sky high. Highly recommend this park!

1  Thank C H
There are newer reviews for Claytor Lake State Park

Reviewed October 13, 2012

The lake and woods here are beautiful. Excellent trails. Boat ramp, beach, visitor center very well kept.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

As far as my experience goes, this park feels like an over-blown municipal or county park. I did not see anything remarkable about it. Virginia has many lake parks and I liked most of them more.

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

The first thing that amazed me being surrounded by lakes and water was where are the mosquitos! It was so pleasant sitting around the camp fire without being stung like crazy. The facilities are well organized. Quiet time is at ten pm at the camp grounds and pets are allowed on a leash. There are several security guards who make the place feel safe. This is a highly recommended place for camping and bring your canoe or boat. Will definitely be back again!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have lived a couple of towns over from Claytor Lake for 11 years now and this past summer I spent 3 to 4 days a week kayaking its waters. I put in at the Dublin Public boat launch and enjoyed paddling the entire lake over the summer. Some days I felt like I had the lake to myself. On the weekends it gets a little busier, but the power boats were safe and I loved the waves they created. On the weekend the "Waterway Cafe" floats and offers food for those that want a little something extra to add to their experience. This was a delightful way to spend the summer.

Been to Claytor Lake State Park? Share your experiences!