“Weekend stay from HE double hockey stick!”
Review of Super 8 Dublin

Super 8 Dublin
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Dublin
Oakland, Maryland
“Weekend stay from HE double hockey stick!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed in room 211. We arrived on Friday, unpacked our belonging and left for dinner, thinking our door was locked. Come to find out the next evening it was not locking! The lock is broken. On Sunday morning when I got up I turned on a small light, to find a bug crawling up the side of the bed matteress. YESSSSS it was a bedbug, lots of them!! I called the front desk and was told the manager would be on at 8:30 am almost a 2 hour wait. At 830 he never showed up, so I went to the front desk with a small water bottle containing 2 of the bedbugs. I asked to see the manager and was told once again he was not in. I told the front desk clerk to call him. He said he would be there in 15 minutes. When he showed up he acted like he couldn't see the bedbugs in the bottle, we went up to the room by then the bugs went into hiding. We are now covered in bedbug bites. But accordiing to the manager, "We have no bedbugs."

Room Tip: "Don't chose room 211!"
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Oakland, Maryland
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I will start out by saying the Front Desk employees were very helpful and polite. My family along with 6 other families stayed at Super 8 located in Dublin Va on Friday and Saturday September 7th and 8th. We were in Dublin for a softball clinic. Our children's shirts needed washed to wear the next day to the clinic. After washing the shirts they looked worse than before we had washed them. We tried to talk to the manager and owner. Both were very rude. Exact words were - "It it what it is" Then called us a liar stating we were lying to receive a full refund. Then when checking out one of the other families found bugs in the beds. Once again manager was very rude and did not offer them an apology or any type of discount. Then accused them of bringing the bugs with them.
It was unbelievalbe. I have never written a review in my life however was very disappointed with the service received wanted to let others aware of the way we were treated.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Coeburn, Virginia
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We Went to A Va. Tech this Weekend, I was slow at booking a room but and found this one about 20 minutes away from Lane Stadium. This hotel was very clean, and that's all I really care about. The room was nice enough for anyone. The property is across from Fatz Cafe, which was nice and next door to a waffle house. Not only was my room a great low rate of $75.00 but it also served breakfast, where else on game night could I have found this!!! The front desk was very helpful. The property is well kept and I would recommend it for anyone if you are looking for a nice CLEAN place with low rates. If you are attending a game book about two weeks early for best rates and call the hotel directly instead of booking with an agent.

Room Tip: Very Clean and reasonable rates, No elevator so if you are a senior or have small kids you may want...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Normally I dont like to stay at Super 8 hotels. Have had a few bad experiences. However I found myself in a have to case, so I gave it a shot. I must say, this was a very nice Super 8. Nothing fancy, but it was very clean and updated. Staff was friendly. Would possibly stay here again.

Room Tip: Only negative, no pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
jigar_451, Manager at Super 8 Dublin, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your review! We work everday to make sure our guest enjoy their stay and offer clean & friendly service. We hope to see you again!
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Warning - they will not guarantee your room duing VT home football games!

They claim they never recieved it from the National Computer?
The rate doubles during Virginia Tech Home Football Games so beware!

Room Tip: demand a hard copy of your reservation and carry it with you
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank bigknothead
Keezletown, Virginia
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I have been using this hotel each time I am in the area for work. Each time I am given excellent treatment. I have had back surgery and am healing. This makes it difficult when traveling for my job. All of the staff were very attentive and made sure I had the room I always stay in.
The room is clean and neat and quite comfortable.
I would recommend the Super 8 to anyone traveling in the area and needing a great place to stay!!

Room Tip: Rooms 101 and 103 are right at the door making it very easy to go from the car to the room without a...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Louis M
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Pros: Friendly staff, overall cleanliness, bright and clean bathroom within our hotel room.

Cons: Our room had a weird odor throughout our stay. The mattresses did not have bed bug covers. Since the bed bug craze exploded a couple years ago, I've noticed every hotel I've stayed at has included bed bug covers on the mattresses, even internationally. Also, the complimentary breakfast was insufficient. The juice machine was out of order (I do not drink coffee), and the sliced bread was the cheapest selection (I've seen it in stores). Cereal and cheap toast were the only options. Prisoners receive better.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Sleep Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn Radford
La Quinta Inn Radford
#1 of 3 in Radford
Best Western Radford Inn

Been to Super 8 Dublin? Share your experiences!