“Most Gracious Hosts; Most Beautiful Home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rockwood Manor
Ranked #1 of 2 Dublin B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Most Gracious Hosts; Most Beautiful Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2009

Driving down I-81, we called our daughter to go online and find a B&B in the area. She found Rockwood Manor, and we are so glad that she did. What a treasure! Our hosts are descendants of the original builder of the home, and the home is a work of antebellum art, although constructed after the war. In addition, the owner is an interior designer, so the furnishings are exquisite. The owner, Sarah Drummond, is one of the most delightful women I have ever met, and we were truly sorry to leave her home. We will return, and I will encourage all I know to stay here.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Rockwood as a last minute decision....Wow... so glad we did! It was a very relaxing evening. Our room was spacious and met all our needs. The bed was very comfortable and relaxing.
My husband was intrigued with the history of the manor and the original structures and decor.
What I enjoyed was the soft comfortable bed and pillows, but what really made it so relaxing for me was the glow and warmth of the light from the fire place heater after we t turned down the lights.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Danville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2009

Several employees from my company met at the Rockwood Manor due to it's location right off Hwy. 81. We were traveling from West Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina, and Virginia. There were plenty of rooms for all of us to stay under the same roof. We were provided a wonderful room filled with antiques to hold our meeting. Breakfast was included in our very reasonable room charge. Mr. Drummond also catered lunch for us. Meeting at the Rockwood Manor was a breath of fresh air for our group of weary road warriors. We had areas to come together for work and socializing and other areas where we could refresh and recharge. My favorite was taking a long walk on the grounds of the manor. I now stay at the Rockwood Manor every time I am in the area whether it is for business or pleasure. It is such a refreshing change from a small hotel room.

• Liked — Beautiful, large bedrooms with gas fireplaces
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2008

Fantastic little B & B in Dublin. Situated right next to New River Community College, the beautiful colonial building, which was a mansion in its heyday, oozes historicy.

It has recently been renovated and the work is both tasteful yet modern, without sacrificing the building's historical integrity. They also have free wireless internet, so people like me who feel anxiety if they are out of touch with the e-world can stay in touch. The only technology downside is they only have a few TV stations -- but it is so peaceful you won't want to watch TV. If you are a couple, you will find it quite romantic.

Note: It is BYOB, so stop by a beer, wine or liquor store before you get there. There is a big refrigerator downstairs you can use, and a small one upstairs near the rooms.

Not only is the place wonderful, but the PEOPLE that run it are also fabulous. The lady that runs it day in and day out is a beautiful old world Southern Belle who did most of the decorations and is quite an accomplished painter. She and her son, an interesting fellow also, have great senses of humor and are very personable and engaging. These are the kind of people you like in the first minute and feel like you have known your whole life after half an hour.

Dublin is a bit out of the way (45 minutes from Roanoke) but if I go back to that part of Virginia, I guarantee I will make it a point to stay at Rockwood Manor.

PS: They have had some weddings there and if I was to have one, I would DEFINITELY consider it as a site.

And no, I don't work for them. This is just a review, since I saw no one has done one

• Liked — Fantastic place -- beautiful, historic and peaceful with wonderful people
  • Disliked — Only a few TV Stations -- no stores or restaurants in walking distance.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank TH2003
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Hampton Inn Dublin
Jackson Park Inn
Jackson Park Inn
#1 of 1 in Pulaski
Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg

Been to Rockwood Manor? Share your experiences!