“Quite simply, heaven!”

GreenLeadersGold level
oxford
“Quite simply, heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Everything about rockwood manor is classy and charming. We were welcomed by "grandma" Sarah who instantly made us feel at home. Our room was the magill room and was beautiful. We had a view of the front lawn from the 3 windows and a lovely ensuite. Everything was spotlessly clean. It is so peaceful and relaxing at the manor. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast and met some lovely other guests. Frank and Rochelle were so welcoming too. My only regret is we only had 1 night here! I would return in a heartbeat!! Thanks the Drummond family for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in the Blakemore room for a night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The house is a wonderful old manor, I spent a good half hour just walking around and photographing it. The Blakemore room is massive, with lovely bay windows overlooking the farm, and has a bathroom the size of my entire apartment at home. The manager Frank and his mother Sarah were a delight, incredibly warm and welcoming - just what we were hoping for when visiting Virginia. The place was wonderful, and the warmth of the hosts and their clear love of the property make this a highly recommended place to stay.

Room Tip: Blakemore room is very large, well lit, and has a spa bath
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I love looking at the beautiful architecture of the old southern homes in Virginia and was in for a treat when we stayed the night here. We were the only ones there that night and I was extremely lucky to have Sarah give me a personal tour of this wonderful house. The history of the house and the restoration they have done is remarkable. The grounds are great for walking around and relaxing. What a wonderful place for weddings or just a great place decompress from the hectic pace of this day and time.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Bell room and loved the tall big bed and was very close to coffee first thing in th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed here because hotels in the Blacksburg area were booked. This is one of the nicest places Mrs. Flyfisher and I have ever stayed. The owners are lovely people. Hearing their stories of their family, and Rockwood greatly added to our experience. The restoration of the mansion, its decoration, and the landscaping of the grounds were all well done. Breakfast and coffer were delicious. This will be our first choice for lodging when returning to Blacksburg!

Room Tip: Read the description on their website and call them if you have specific questions. It is a restore...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I spent five days here over Memorial Day and had a wonderful time.

First, the grounds are beautifully maintained, spacious and perfectly representative of rural Virginia.

Second, the hospitality of the owners, Frank and Sarah, made me not only feel at home, but like I was visiting gracious family. Not only was my reservation upgraded free of charge, twice (allowing me to stay in the master suite), but Sarah also introduced me to several other guests whom then provided me tickets for a local theatre performance. Similarly, any question I had about the area was answered and I was given wonderful suggestions on where I might enjoy visiting.

Thirdly, the rooms were spacious, tastefully decorated and full of amenities.

Finally, breakfast in the morning delicious, varied and homemade.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jacob H
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

My ladies book club has been coming to Rockwood every winter over the last several years for a "spa weekend" to relax and have a grown up slumber party. What a delightfully fun way to spend a cold and snowy weekend in a beautiful setting with room enough for all of us to connect, relax and laugh! They even arrange for a massage therapist and nail technician to come and pamper us while we gab the days away! Sometimes we even talk about the book. I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: I've slept in at least four of the 10 bedrooms in the main mansion - and I do mean MANSION. ALL...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Paatii
Land O Lakes FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I came from Tampa, FL for a VT game. We absolutely loved Rockwood Manor. The house is incredible. There is beauty, history, and charm everywhere! Frank made us feel right at home. There is also an adorable dog named Chardonnay and she was a gracious host! We stayed in the Porterfield room and loved it! Every room in the house is unique with character. The property is so pretty with fields, barns, a small vineyard, and wildlife to see! Frank made us a delicious breakfast and we chatted with another couple staying here as well who also had a wonderful stay. I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone I know! It was a perfect weekend!

side note: the the couple who wrote a bad review, if you don't like southern hospitality from kind, wonderful and friendly people, don't stay in a B&B.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrea T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Hampton Inn Dublin
Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg
La Quinta Inn Radford
La Quinta Inn Radford
#1 of 3 in Radford

Been to Rockwood Manor? Share your experiences!