“Wow, we were impressed.”
Review of Rockwood Manor

Rockwood Manor
Ranked #1 of 2 Dublin B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed here because hotels in the Blacksburg area were booked. This is one of the nicest places Mrs. Flyfisher and I have ever stayed. The owners are lovely people. Hearing their stories of their family, and Rockwood greatly added to our experience. The restoration of the mansion, its decoration, and the landscaping of the grounds were all well done. Breakfast and coffer were delicious. This will be our first choice for lodging when returning to Blacksburg!

Room Tip: Read the description on their website and call them if you have specific questions. It is a restore...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I spent five days here over Memorial Day and had a wonderful time.

First, the grounds are beautifully maintained, spacious and perfectly representative of rural Virginia.

Second, the hospitality of the owners, Frank and Sarah, made me not only feel at home, but like I was visiting gracious family. Not only was my reservation upgraded free of charge, twice (allowing me to stay in the master suite), but Sarah also introduced me to several other guests whom then provided me tickets for a local theatre performance. Similarly, any question I had about the area was answered and I was given wonderful suggestions on where I might enjoy visiting.

Thirdly, the rooms were spacious, tastefully decorated and full of amenities.

Finally, breakfast in the morning delicious, varied and homemade.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jacob H
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My ladies book club has been coming to Rockwood every winter over the last several years for a "spa weekend" to relax and have a grown up slumber party. What a delightfully fun way to spend a cold and snowy weekend in a beautiful setting with room enough for all of us to connect, relax and laugh! They even arrange for a massage therapist and nail technician to come and pamper us while we gab the days away! Sometimes we even talk about the book. I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: I've slept in at least four of the 10 bedrooms in the main mansion - and I do mean MANSION. ALL...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paatii
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I came from Tampa, FL for a VT game. We absolutely loved Rockwood Manor. The house is incredible. There is beauty, history, and charm everywhere! Frank made us feel right at home. There is also an adorable dog named Chardonnay and she was a gracious host! We stayed in the Porterfield room and loved it! Every room in the house is unique with character. The property is so pretty with fields, barns, a small vineyard, and wildlife to see! Frank made us a delicious breakfast and we chatted with another couple staying here as well who also had a wonderful stay. I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone I know! It was a perfect weekend!

side note: the the couple who wrote a bad review, if you don't like southern hospitality from kind, wonderful and friendly people, don't stay in a B&B.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea T
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at Rockwood Manor B&B for a Virginia Tech football weekend. Our initial impression as we entered the property was that we would enjoy exploring the extensive property and its outbuildings. It's a scenic location with cow pastures, barns, silos and beautiful resting spots.

As we entered the manor building itself we were awed by the architectural details- crown moldings that defy description, niche arches, tall ceilings and rooms of beautiful proportions decorated tastefully and comfortably.

Our hosts Frank & Rochelle did a marvelous job of making each guest feel special and appreciated, deftly offering a great blend of hospitality and privacy. The butler's pantry adjacent to the kitchen is stocked with coffee and tea and served as a convivial afternoon meeting spot for arriving guests.

Breakfasts were plentiful, a great combination of sweet and savory, prepared by Frank and Rochelle and were served in the manor's gorgeous dining room. Guests enjoyed an opportunity to mix and mingle as plans for each day were finalized. Frank and Rochelle provided great tips for visiting travelers, appreciated by one and all.

The warmth of the hosting and the history of the home made for a memorable stay and we hope to make this our regular home away from home when we return to Virginia Tech. Nicely done!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Blakemore Room- it has a working gas fireplace, great seating area and a private ba...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sandbridgers
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We needed a place to stay near Dublin, VA and found this on our phone app while driving South on 81. By the time we arrived, it was almost dark, but as we drove up the long driveway, we realized that we had found a gem. The stately old home is very special, each room perfectly appointed in every way. Frank and Sarah have created a uniquely wonderful B&B and an extraordinary place for a wedding. The farm has been in the family for generations and the owners love for the place is obvious. Wonderful breakfast. Delightful stay. We certainly hope to go back again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cavwalker
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Found this lovely spot while searching for a hotel near Radford on a trip up I81. Stayed in the recently renovated barn which is a separate building (Chardonnay room) overlooking the new vineyard. We were the only guests, so we should have stayed in the main house, where the rooms were period rooms and just lovely. Sarah and Frank were welcoming and helpful, had breakfast with us in their beautiful dining room (this is a bed and breakfast). Clean and updated accommodations, great hospitality. Felt like a event, not a hotel stay, with new friends. Sarah had a career as a designer, and the Manor shows her talents. Appear to have many weddings there, it is a lovely setting and would make for a great location. WiFi available.

Room Tip: Some rooms with shared bath,private bath more expensive. Two rooms in separate building, others in m...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank VATraveler888
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Sleep Inn & Suites
9 mi away
La Quinta Inn Radford
La Quinta Inn Radford
#1 of 3 in Radford

Been to Rockwood Manor? Share your experiences!