“THE place to stay on the southern end of I-81”

Holiday Inn Express Dublin
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dublin
Conyers, GA
“THE place to stay on the southern end of I-81”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had a wonderful overnight at this recently renovated HIE. The focus on friendliness and hospitality - everyone smiled and spoke with us - was exceptional. The pool and spa were spotless. It would be hard to find better accommodations without substantially upping your cost. Room interior was relaxing and met all our needs. Our king bed was most comfortable. The complimentary full breakfast was a treat. Cinnamon the Cat, who serves as the unofficial greeter, made the place feel even more like home. This is a well-managed property with what appears to be a sincerely happy staff. You don't find this situation often in an industry serving the overnight traveler. They hope to have better signage soon. Until then, turn at the street level Comfort Inn sign between the Marathon and Exxon stations and head up the hill to the left. We'll certainly return to this property.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This hotel is very close to I-81 at the intersection of I-77. A very good place for a night's rest. It is clean and has very good facilities. The beds are comfortable. The breakfast is according to standards in that type of hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Natick, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Enjoyed the stay here, a bit hard to find using GPS, had to pull into a gas station and call the front desk, she (Linda) directed us up the hill from the gas station below, located behind Shoney's Restaurant, easy on/off of I-81.
We stayed one night, checked out Monday March 31, 2014. The next day at our home in MA, I noticed my cord and adapter that use for my IPAD was missing, I called the Holiday Inn Express and spoke with Linda and she recalled us staying there the night before, she checked with house keeping to see if they had found my items, well they called me back the next day and said yes they had found it in our room and would mail it to us through the USPS, COD. I have yet to receive the item(s), I was told about week ago after calling there again, that they do not go to the post office very often, however she said the item was still there as she was looking at it as we spoke on the phone. Well it is Saturday April 19th and I have yet to receive the delivery. I was wondering if someone could help me expedite this transaction. I know it is my own fault that I left without it, but stuff like this happens I'm sure fairly often. The fact that they are honest people working at this Holiday Inn Express is honorable in itself, but I sure wish that someone could take a few minutes to run to the Post Office in Dublin, VA. Thank you for your time.

Room Tip: Do not use your GPS, as it will not get you at the location, get directions from the front desk mana...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My father is loyal to the Holiday Inn Express chain and after staying here, I understand his preference. Room was clean. Beds were comfortable and I appreciated the Queen size vs. Double, especially as our boys keep getting bigger and need the space. It was nice to have the breakfast, although I wished there were some other healthy options such as more fruit or plain oatmeal. Many items were very sweet. I'd hoped we could find a place that was a little less $$ considering we were there for just a quick overnight, but the comfort and quick check-in made it worth it. I'd stop here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Connecticut
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I stopped at this Holiday Inn Express when traveling back to Connecticut.
We had a bad experience when reserving a room at another Holiday Inn Express in North Carolina on the way to Florida the previous week and we were hesitant to try another Holiday Inn. We are glad we did as we were greeted by the manager on duty Linda and her assistant Jessica. It was actually Jessica's first or second day on the job.
We had been traveling 12 hours that day and were very tired. Linda and Jessica were very kind and provided a very quiet room for us to get the rest we needed.
The room was large, quiet, clean and comfortable. There were pillows that were labeled soft and firm. The bed was very comfortable. In the lobby were cookies, coffee and tea.
The breakfast the next day could have been better but the free breakfast is probably the same at all hotels- scrambled eggs, pastry, bagels, French toast that you heat in the toaster and pancakes you can make yourself. Ok but not great.
The sweet touch is there were for cats outside that they feed. Cute to see.
The hotel is located right across from the exit up a hill-you have to look for it. Easy to get back on the highway.
We would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is our usual stop when traveling through, always have had excellent service. Rooms seem to all have been remodeled. This time we had a corner room which was larger than the regular rooms and beautifully decorated. HIE is always a good value and this location is right off the interstate.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Alabama
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Hotel was nice, clean and the rooms were modern. They were renovating some rooms when we were there so you may be lucky and one of the first in a newly renovated room! There is a swimming pool and hot tub. The location is right off the interstate. Breakfast is typical holiday inn style, my only complaint was the bagels were really dry as were the Krispy Kreme donuts. There is a Shoney's resturant right across the street.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Hampton Inn Dublin
La Quinta Inn Radford
#1 of 3 in Radford
Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dublin? Share your experiences!