“Right off the highway - very clean - large rooms”

Holiday Inn Express Dublin
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stayed at this property for one night only during our long trip home to Connecticut from Florida. The lady at the front desk at 10:30 at night could not have been friendlier as we checked in. This location does not accept coupons from the little travel books that you find at the rest stops and McDonald's along the highways, but the rate she gave us was fine - $109 including tax. Our room had two queen beds and one queen sleeper sofa. Tons of outlets - several along each wall, and at least two in each of the lamps in the room (very good for our technology-crazed family). No free Wi-Fi which was a little disappointing, but may not be an option based on the location (in the hills of Virginia about an hour outside of Roanoke). There is a good size room fridge and microwave, both of which we found useful for our late night sandwiches and milk for the baby in the morning. There is an Exxon station with a food mart less than a 1-minute drive down the hill.

This location also has an indoor pool and hot tub, which is somewhat unusual and truly great on cold nights! As with every Holiday Inn Express we've ever utilized, the entire property is completely immaculate. No fans in the bathrooms which makes for a slightly slippery floor after a hot shower - use towels and caution, esp. if you are traveling with older folks.

There is a hot free breakfast included with the price, and it's great. They have this super cool pancake maker - you push a button and less than 3 minutes later, you have 2 perfect hotcakes - delish! They also have fresh fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, hot eggs (ours were in the form of little cheddar cheese omelets), hot cinnamon rolls (which are devine!), sausage patties and biscuits and country gravy. Great selection and very helpful since it is included in the price of the room.

The staff are very friendly - Karen, who manned the breakfast area was so nice to us and our little girl. I can see that this location would be appropriate for both families and business travelers. Would not hesitate to recommend this location to anyone, and if we find ourselves in Dublin, VA late at night again in search of a clean, safe place to stay, we won't go anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank samies-mom
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Dublin

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Booked this hotel while passing thru. Holiday inn express hotels always seem to be nice and this is no exception. It was a lil high priced for such a rural area, felt 149 per night was a bit much. Also, the breakfast bar ran out of food an hour before close time and only certain things were restocked so that was a little disappointing. Room were great, very well kept an clean. Pool was nice. Staff was very friendly. Other than the above mentioned, everything was great.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank vanomad
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We stayed here while moving our son into Radford - just a short drive to the University. Very friendly staff despite our late arrival and a full hotel. Heading back to this one for parents weekend! Great breakfast!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2011

First of all, I have never written a review good or bad, but felt this was a definite need due to the unprofessional, rude and discourteous behavior of the staff (Linda Lawson) and general manager (Likhon Bablu). I reserved 2 rooms here in Dublin due to my grandmother’s death and family needing somewhere to stay. I booked online thinking I was booking through Holiday In Express first of all when it actually turned out to be through a third party. Upon arrival I checked in and went to our room finding the carpet soaked with febreeze to cover up pet odors. I did not know this hotel was pet friendly and later was told by Linda Lawson that pets were only kept in the 1st floor rooms. I have asthma and allergies and couldn't tolerate the overwhelming smell. We couldn't take our shoes off to walk on the carpet it was so saturated with the deodorizer. I called the front desk and we were moved to a 2nd room which smelled of cigarette smoke (nonsmoking hotel!). The door to the 2nd room across the hall that I reserved for my sister was open, so I walked in to find the smell of smoke in there also. I didn’t say anything about that at the time. I went downstairs to quietly walk across the street to check availability at another hotel and Linda Lawson stopped me and offered to move me to yet another room. She was rude, unprofessional and uncompassionate as they come. We moved to the 3rd room and had just set our belongings down when I looked down on the floor and found dog food lying on the carpet and ants crawling all over it. I took a piece of it with the ants downstairs and walked to the front desk and laid it on the counter in front of Linda Lawson and stated, “I thought you said pets were only kept in the rooms on the 1st floor”. My sister and her husband drove up about that time and we went upstairs to check their room. I never mentioned to them the smoke smell in their room. As soon as they walked in they noticed it and said it was unacceptable. We went back downstairs and explained that their rooms were unsatisfactory and asked for a refund. I was refused a refund and also proper documentation that we did not stay in the hotel. At this point, we were short of time to dress and get ready to attend our grandmother’s visitation services. We walked across the street and booked at another hotel. What a horrible experience at such a sad time in our lives. I will never stay at another holiday inn express and will pass my story onto everyone I know. For the next 3 days, we called customer relations, the general manager, the hotel, etc. requesting a refund and the general manager refused and charged me for rooms that we never stayed in. However, you cannot charge someone for a room they never stayed in. If they should pull this on you… all you have to do is call your credit card company and dispute the charges. Mine have already been removed!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Kim A
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Southern style friendliness and hospitality upon check-in. Lobby is rather basic but open and inviting. Hotel room is spacious, clean and quiet. Fridge and microwave. There is a pool, small gym and small guest laundry. No restaurant on premise but hotel provides free hot breakfast in the mornings. There a number of eateries within easy walking distance. Ample free parking.
A welcome respite for a weary interstate traveler.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I read another review that sounds the same as what happened to my wife and I. We were on our Goldwing headed for Nashville and needed a place to stay to avoid the thunderstorm that we would have ridden into. The person at the front desk (Linda) was perhaps the nicest front desk clerk we've encountered in quite a while and we travel a lot! She (like the previous reviewer mentioned) let us park our Goldwing under the portico to avoid the weather. Very nice of her!

Throughout the evening she was right there to answer any and all questions that we had. She even recommended a good pizza place and she was certainly right about that! We enjoyed a GREAT free breakfast in the morning also.

All in all we were VERY satisfied with every aspect of our stay and I strongly recommend staying here if you're in the area. We even planned on staying there again on our way back from Nashville but it was so hot along the highway that we made many more stops than we had planned on and only made it as far as Marion, VA. I will review that other hotel (The Econolodge-Marion) in another review (YUK) but it''s safe to say it was not nearly as good as this one! Thank you Linda!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ntrtainr
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I made the reservation one year in advance for VA Tech graduation, three rooms two nights. After I found out some of our guests would not need the room both nights I called the hotel to cancel one night. I was informed the rooms were sold in blocks of two nights. Nowhere on the reservation was that listed or mentioned at the time when the reservation was made. I actually asked about the cancellation policy a the time the reservation was made and was told all rooms were refundable. Anyway, after the game changing information about the two night minimum, I negotiated with hotel staff about the room we would not need for one night. They informed me if they sold the room they would refund my credit card. I said fair enough. Well, the room was sold so I called about my credit card refund, no response, called many times no response, e-mailed no response, finally the manager e-mail me and told me there would be no refund. So the hotel double dipped charging me and the other guest who stayed in the room I did not use. The manager lied, the hotel lied, they stole money from me, therefore I recommend not staying at this Holiday Inn express Dublin because they are crooks. Stay away! Far Away!

Room Tip: Never take anybones word about reservations, get it all in print, It seems in some hotel chains like...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank CWG070
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Hampton Inn Dublin
La Quinta Inn Radford
#1 of 3 in Radford
Homewood Suites by Hilton Christiansburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dublin? Share your experiences!