“Much needed in our area, great food too!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Old Doswell Store
Ranked #6 of 10 Restaurants in Doswell
Reviewed March 26, 2014

A local restaranteur, Dan Turner, who owns Turner's Restaurant in Ashland, Va. just down the road, has re-done this little old market, to carry a few grocery items, and there are a few seats for dining. I have not had any of the deli items yet, but my husband planned a dinner at his parents, and asked Dan to fix dinner. Great for me! Husband said to surprise us, and it was great: rottisserie chicken, meat loaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, greens, amazing spoon bread, and the most incredible rolls. I do love home cooking, especially someone else's! Everything was delicious, in heavy foil pans, to re-heat as needed, but we ate right away, so everything was still hot. My husband asked for enough to serve 10-12 but this would have gone a lot further, and we're big eaters. The price was extremely reasonable, too. I couldn't have cooked it for the price, I don't think. The rolls are to die for. I can't wait to try the deli items. Finally, a nice place in Doswell....yeah!

1  Thank Landora