“Pretty average La Quinta”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Doswell
Mullica Hill, New Jersey, United States
“Pretty average La Quinta”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stayed here on our ride home from picking up our son at school since it was a triple point La Quinta property.I guess it would be beneficial if we were going to Kings Dominion, but that is the only reason I would stay here again.The room seemed to have very dark furniture and the desk was strange as it pulled out. The carpet is very busy and would benefit from a makeover. Fridge not very cold and breakfast just ok. View outside our window was an overgrown field with a truck company behind it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Lynchburg, United States
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Quite disappointed on my stay at this property when compared to other LaQuinta locations - I booked a reward night stay for a two-king room and requested a high floor room away from the elevator. Upon arrival, I was advised that there were no two-king rooms available and I was reassigned to a two queen with sofabed room. Not to mention, the room was on the middle floor near the elevator... To add insult to injury, the sofabed lacked linens, the toilet seat is about to fall off, the carpet is so dingy our socks are black, and the tub has black buildup within it... Definitely not worth my hard earned points, and a true back eye on the LaQuinta brand.

1 Thank Donald H
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Stay at this hotel several times and will go back. It is clean , staff are pleasant to work with. Speedy check in and out. Easy access off route 95. Good price and a good hot breakfast. The hotel chain is pet friendly. Plenty of parking.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Mary W, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Hello,
I would like to take this opportunity to say "Thank You" for taking the time to review my property. We work very hard to make sure everyone has a wonderful experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon. When you come to check in please ask to speak with me I would love to meet you. Again, thank you so much for your kind words.
Mary Wells
Broadway, North Carolina
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed at La Quinta in Doswell, VA. We had a room on the 3rd floor with two queen beds with a sleeper sofa in one room and a separate bedroom with a king bed. It was a huge space for our family of 4 and 2 Shih Tzus. They have a nice sized indoor pool that had way too much chlorine on our first night but was much better the second night. The room we had was great but we were located right next to a stairway. The doors to the stairway were extremely loud when they opened and closed. We would choose to be a room over next time. One of the main issues is that a train runs right by it at different hours of the day and night. Very loud! If you keep the air conditioner running all night it lessens some of the noise. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Breakfast was nice but so crowded (Richmond NASCAR race weekend). We did love that our pets stayed free, that is always a plus for us. All in all it was a good place to stay for us.

Room Tip: Do not get a room by the stairway! Extremely loud stairway doors! Pets stay free is a plus!
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to review my property. I have spoken with the railroad to see if they could change the hours of their operation and the answer I received was not at all acceptable. Please let me know the next time you plan to visit so we can give you another room like the one you had at the other end of the hallway. We look forward to serving you in the near future. Have a wonderful day.
Mary Wells
Gananoque, Canada
Reviewed April 26, 2014

The last hotel I sayed at was La Quinta in Savanna - I was given the worst room - right beside the laundry - told that was all that was available - yet I saw others check in after me? Not happy or impressed - funny I didn't get a survey for that hotel. Also after a year I still have not received my La Quinta member card?

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Initially we had not planned to stay at this hotel. We were actually checked into a neighboring hotel. Unfortunately, due to great inconvenience at the neighboring hotel it was decided to check out. Thank God LaQuinta Inn was literally right next door. Considering we were travelling on Spring Break, not having a plan B would have been a huge disappointment to our children. Mary Wells, General Manager was AWESOME. When I walked in frustrated early morning, and explained what my family had experienced, she immediately helped us. I had already reserved a room online, and the room was definitely available. Although check in was not until 3 p.m. she fully accommodated us. She even went as far as to make sure my family had breakfast at LaQuinta Inn because she figured we had not eaten at the other hotel. Which was correct. My family was busy packing to transition to LaQuinta Inn. To make a long story short, Mary Wells, General Manager and the LaQuinta Inn staff saved our Spring Break. We went to Kings Dominion numerous times via shuttle for a one time $10.00 fee at check in. A GREAT DEAL FOR A FAMILY OF 6. The breakfast was more than complimentary....fresh prepared waffles, toast, bagels, oatmeal, sausage, eggs, fruit, milk, 4 types of cold fruit juice. Enough to start your day. Free Wi-Fi, and business center (no charge for printing). Kids had an excellent time in swimming pool, and Hubby enjoyed hot tub. Even on a rainy day, we had fun going to the movies close by. Pets are allowed at this hotel, but I must say we did not even know they were there because the hotel was so quiet. Our room was at the end of the hall, and I am sure many pet owners would use that door to exit for walks with their pets. I did call front desk to ask if it could be vacuumed near my room door as I allergic to animal fur. The young lady was so pleasant, and before I knew it I heard the vacuum. I really appreciated her service, and with a pleasant smile. Our family will definitely visit again!

Room Tip: I could not rate restaurant as this location does not have one. However, the hotel was excellent in...
Kingston , Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Will recommend it and will stay whenever I travel again. Love that it is pet friendly and with no extra charge, also very clean and lovely. Had a most pleasant clerk. I have already recommended LaQuinta which friends without pets already stayed there and agreed it was the best place on their trip also.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Doswell
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)
Centerstone Inn
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 13 in Ashland
Hampton Inn Richmond - North / Ashland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion? Share your experiences!