“Very pleased with this motel.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Doswell
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Stayed at the Kings Dominion LaQuinta on 12/26/13. A decent motel at a decent price. Needs a little modernization in spots but all in all I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. The one downfall was the wireless internet. Very spotty and slow at night when I guess a lot of people are using it. Much better early in the morning when I got up. Kind of out in the middle of nowhere when Kings Dominion is closed. Went to the Burger King next door which was downright awful.

A TripAdvisor Member
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The best part about this hotel is the family style suite. This 'room' has one bedroom separate from the main room that has two queen beds. For our family with two teens this was perfect. While basically clean- there were bugs in the light domes that were not expected. Pets are welcome and will come into the dining area. Breakfast was not great. Breads were stale and there was no variety.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed here while traveling on I95 to Florida. It is right next to the Kings Dominion park and right off the exit. We got a good rate using the hotel travel magazines they have in the rest areas ($64) which was ten dollars more for being the weekend. Breakfast had eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurts, plenty of drinks, oatmeal, etc. definitely would plan to stay there again. Rooms are very clean and we had two queen beds. Very comfortable. Free WiFi worked fine.

1  Thank whittel
Reviewed December 3, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cjwnc
Reviewed November 29, 2013

This hotel is located across the street from the amusement park, which is closed at this time of year. It was very quiet there as there were only a few travelers staying there. The staff is nice, the room was huge and it was nice and clean. The side entrance card acceptor was broken so you could go out but not back in. Some people put things to prop the door open when they went out. Even though it was not a busy area at all, that still felt uncomfortable

The room doors slam loudly and I was startled awake a couple times with others taking their dogs out.

There is not much for food right by the hotel so as another reviewer stated you have to go to the next exit to get something. I thought of that as I was getting close to the exit, but the numbers skip and before I knew it I was at the exit, after 8 hours driving I didn't want to back track. So a Burger King salad was dinner. Anyway glad I had some apples and nuts with me. It looks like the front desk also sells some microwave dinners but I just saw them in passing. I don't eat those but I'm sure it is a lifesaver for other travelers.

Overall it was a good, quiet and convenient stay at this LQ.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank wanderingk9s
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed at the La Quinta inn 10/26 - 10/28 and it was overall a great experience.

My fiance and I stayed to go to the halloween haunt and it was the perfect location. We were actually able to walk right to the park and save $15 on parking.

When we entered the room we were amazed at how spacious it was. It had a very large bathroom, a living area with a couch and a king sized bed. It also contained a flat screen television which a lot of budget hotels do not have. The value was excellent, for two nights we only paid about $150.

The free breakfast left a little to be desired but it's free so we weren't expecting a gourmet meal or anything. All in all it was a great experience, in the future we will look for La Quinta properties to stay at if they're all this nice :)

Room Tip: I would try not to stay on the first floor, we did have a dead insect in our bathroom and someone el...