“pet friendly..clean..nice hotel!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Doswell
“pet friendly..clean..nice hotel!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

this is a clean, pleasant hotel with wonderful prices and they allow pets. we were pleased with the size of the room and bathroom. My husband and I sleep like babies. Sometimes it is hard to find a place that allow dogs and do not charge really high rate for them. Do not pay more when you don't have to just because your fur-baby travels with you. this hotel has it all.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

We chose this hotel for the nice price but the front desk was so RUDE and unprofessional. We were told they are a family owned hotel and the front desk person said he could care less if we complained. They were completely disintereted in making our stay a pleasant one..... NEVER AGAIN !! We have lots of friends and family taking that route and informed them to stay far away from this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jingles25
Salisbury
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

This was great find, reservation made enroute. Room 204 was exceptionally clean, along with anywhere we found in hotel, large spacious room, updated tv, nice furnishings.comfy bedding. Very convenient along our route. Ample breakfast selections and nice layout. Received a great rate and nice service. No complaints.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Ottawa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel is about 10 miles from the closest restaurant. There wasen't even a Waffle House near by not that I'd eat at one anyway.

The hotel is not as new as it seems in the pictures. I believe it was a Comfort Inn before. Our room was generous in space but somehow it didn't have any WOW factor.

The breakfast was awful to but it best. It wasn't busy when we were there, and we got the idea that the items on the breakfast bar were put back out from the day before....and the day before....and the day before.

The alarm clock was so complicated to set that I gave up and fet my Cell Phone to wake us up.

We left saying we won't be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Hoagiedogie
barnstable
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

This was a great find for a one night stay on the through to Florida. I was traveling with my two pets and we had a very nice stay. The check in was easy the people very nice and the room and beds comfortable and large. I would definily stay here again. I had the breakfast,it was ok. The location is cnvenient with a gas station at the location you can gas up before you hit the road again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank pat g
Muskegon, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I made a reservation through Priceline for this hotel and was looking forward to having a nice room for a whirlwind college visit trip with my 2 teenagers. We arrived on Friday, November 2nd around 7:30 PM. This hotel looked brand new on the outside and at first glance, the lobby area was very nice as well. The room was very spacious and the beds looked very comfortable. We dropped our bags and I headed for the bathroom. I lifted up the toilet cover only to find several pubic hairs on and around the seat. I turned around and also noticed a large wadded up paper on the floor and realized the floor had not been vaccuumed.

I immediately called the front desk for a new room that was clean. The gentleman came upstairs and had us look at the room next door. I finally gave up after seeing 6 different rooms, all of which had hairs on and around the toilets, unvaccuumed floors and some had nasty dirty bed covers. I also noticed that the hallways weren't vaccuumed either.

The gentleman offered to clean a bathroom for me. I thought that might work if we took a room with what looked like clean bedding, but I really wanted the floor vaccuumed as well. I don't like walking around in my shoes all the time. He refused to vaccuum. He refused to let me vaccuum. He said management said they couldn't vaccuum. I asked if they had a vaccuum and I was assured that they did, but honestly I can't imagine the hotel looking the way it did if they really did have a working vaccuum.

I ended up calling Priceline to ask for a refund. I have never, ever done this before and have never seen a hotel where each and every room was dirty like this. This was a first and I do a fair amount of traveling.

I kept saying over and over what a shame this was - for a brand new hotel with beautiful new carpet, nice looking beds and bedding, nice sized rooms to be in such poor condition. I see other reviews here that say the hotel was clean. I'm thinking maybe they don't have many guests since King's Dominion Amusement Park is closed for the season, but all the more reason to be able to keep the rooms and the hallways clean.

Be careful about stopping here in the off season or maybe at any time in the future if they can't find a new housekeeper and a vaccuum.

Also, a very dark quiet exit during the off season. There is only a Denny's Diner and a Burger King for food, but many restaurants a couple exits down that will take you about 10-15 minutes to get to.

Room Tip: Check the room before you check in to make sure it's clean
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Melissa K
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Recently stayed here on a Saturday night while visiting King's Dominion for Halloween Haunt. Checked in around 4pm, very quick and easy. Room was very spacious and the king bed and pillows were very comfy as well. Checkout the next day was not until 12pm so that was great. The free breakfast in the morning was also a good value, with a variety of items including cereal, egg and sausage patties, and a waffle maker.

The best thing about this hotel is that it is across the street from King's Dominion (can walk to park entrance is less than 10 minutes), and is also next to a Burger King and 7-11, which is convenient for a quick meal before heading to the park (cheaper as well). In sum, stay here, get a good value and save yourself the $15 that King's Dominion charges for parking!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dan P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doswell
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)
Centerstone Inn
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 13 in Ashland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ashland - Hanover, VA

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion? Share your experiences!