“Great hotel w/spacious rooms & easy on your pockets”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Doswell (Kings Dominion), VA
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Doswell
Reviewed January 24, 2010

i decided to take me a me(mommy) day.i'm glad i picked the COUNTRY INN & SUITES.the rooms are very spacious as are the bathrooms,the beds are super comfy and cozy,the room decor is warm and easy on the eyes.i like how the appliances were hidden in the tv stand.the pool & sauna are a little small,but kings dominios water park is right across the street.the front desk clerk MRS.SANDRA was the best i've seen in a mighty long time.she was very professional,always working,checking stock and baking those great free cookies,she kept the breakfast area clean & stocked and made sure it was nice & warm in there for me,she made you feel very welcomed.i've decided to do this once a month-plus will be returning to have a birthday sleep-over party.can't wait!!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed January 16, 2010

My family of three stayed here for two nights in July 2009. The smoke-free hotel was just three months old so everything was clean and new. The check-in staff was friendly and efficient. Our 2 queen bedroom with microwave, mini-fridge, coffee maker, flat screen TV, hair dryer, iron & ironing board was just perfect. The indoor pool and spa were clean but more pool towels need to be available. The complimentary breakfast was the standard with make your own waffles, muffins, cereal, fruit, coffee, milk, juice, etc. The free cookies at the front desk were very good.

The location is very convenient to Kings Dominion. There is a shuttle bus available but we didn’t take it. We paid the parking fee at KD because we like to come and go as we please.

The hotel staff needs to clean the front grounds more often. Cigarette butts and garbage should not be the first thing to greet a guest. The train tracks behind the hotel are a bit of a problem. I heard the train in the middle of the night but the rest of my family did not.

All things considered, my family would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2009

My stay was enjoyable and Sandra the front desk clerk was wonderful. She took care of the guest, breakfast and the busy phones. What a gret multitasker....My room was excellent very clean and smelled fresh. The spa was also a great asset. Just need more resteraunts in the area.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 29, 2009

The good- The room was very clean and I loved the large granite top vanity in the bathroom, it is perfect for all the stuff you have like makeup hair stuff etc. Standard room has hairdryer, iron and iron board, fridge and microwave. Our room was a non smoking king and the king sized bed was a nice size. Hotel is new so there is fresh paint, new carpet and everything is updated. The 24 hour cookies at the front desk lobby is a nice added touch and they have coffee and tea available 24-7.(there were even a few hot chocolate packets thrown in). Plenty of hot water available in room. Liked the whirlpool as long as no kids were in it. Complementry breakfast has make your own waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal. breads muffins etc. The location to Kings dominion is excellent!! There is a complementy shuttle ( good if you have children) we took the shuttle to the park and walked back after a fun filled day. The walk is about 15 minutes.

Not so good- we had a problem with our room lock. The pool area got over run by children, the bed was too firm for us, but we still slept good. there is not alot of dresser space for clothes, but we only stayed one night so that was okay. Your food choices outside Kings Dominion are limited. We order a pizza and wings from their advertised carry out menu by the front desk. It was called Pepcinni's or something like that. In our opinion the pizza was not that good and the wings while big were just average in taste. Seemed like they were understaffed and overbooked, but it is in the off season so I can understand that.

Overall not a bad place to stay. We would happily stay there again.

Special note: If you want to experience the pool and whirpool without the kid invasion, they have an adults only time 11:00am til midnight. We found this out too late, so I am passing it on to you.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Clean, comfy and convenient to the Kings Dominion theme park. Nice to stay in a new hotel. Opened in spring of 2009, I believe.

Free shuttle service was a plus. Save yourself the $10 per car parking fee to park your vehicle in the park and use the hotel's shuttle.

Nice decor- we enjoyed the mountain wood theme. Free internet a plus, and it was fast, too. Pool looked nice, but we didn't get to use it. Free cookies during the weekday, but we missed those, too.

We also missed breakfast due to sleeping in. The lady was cleaning up about 15 minutes early, so be sure to get there in plenty of time. Second day I got down to breakfast in time, but it was nothing special. No flavored creamers for the coffee, so beware of that.

A little more pricey than the other local choices, but I think it's worth it. I've heard bad things about the Best Western nearby. But, we did eat brunch at the Denny's at the Best Western and enjoyed it, but from the looks of the Best Western and it's clientele, I am glad we paid extra and stayed at Country Inn and Suites.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2009

The hotel itself was nice. The rooms were roomy and clean. One occupant of the room was woken three times in the night by the train that passed directly underneath the window (she insists that I add this, though my brother and I heard nothing). Other than that, there was nothing to complain about. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was nice with a good variety.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2009

My fiancé and I went for a overnight "romantic" trip to Kings Dominion. I booked the KD package which included a one night stay, two day park tickets and a pizza. Check in was fine until I asked for our KD tickets and pizza. The desk agent looked at me like I was crazy and like she didn't want to part with the tickets. Pizza? "Oh we don't do that no more". I was expecting something like a sorry, or can I substitute with something else, discount your room.

PROS:
Room was clean
Free Parking
Walking distance to the amusement park

CONS:
Poor customer service
Pool was dirty (I saw piles of dirt around the hot tub and a few dead bugs)
Children weren't kicked out of pool at designated time
Shuttle isn’t on a schedule, it just comes and goes as it pleases. We ended up walking to KD.

Our check out person was rude, never made eye, say thanks for staying or anything that would make me want to come back. Emailed the manager and got a very generic reply with no real apology.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doswell
La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 13 in Ashland
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ashland - Hanover, VA
Hampton Inn Richmond-North/Ashland

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Doswell (Kings Dominion), VA? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Doswell (Kings Dominion), VA

Address: 16250 International St, Doswell, VA 23047-1922
Location: United States > Virginia > Doswell
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Doswell
Price Range: $59 - $115 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Doswell (Kings Dominion), VA 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Carlson, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Doswell (Kings Dominion), VA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites Doswell Hotel Doswell