“This hotel was great!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Doswell
“This hotel was great!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

we travel here from Columbia sc for the past two years and never not once have we had a bad experience, everything is so nice and very clean and the staff are very nice and accommodating. The girls at the front desk were so sweet! I think her name was kaci, she went above and beyond for us in making our experience this year so wonderful. Yes there's a train but that's normal not something the hotel can change. The only thing that made my family uncomfortable was at breakfast on sat. There was this lady that was a guest that seemed very rude and just plan horrible to the staff. just because the staff couldn't open the breakfast at the time she wanted and made a huge stink and scared my children. I personally love coming and staying here at the country inn, plus Kings daminion is right there easy access for our whole family which is a plus!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I like coming up to King's Dominion quite often but this is the first time I every stayed a whole weekend. I stayed at the Country Inn and I am looking forward to staying there another weekend this summer. My room was really clean and the staff was amazing! They really made me feel like I was at home. I came with my 7 year old daughter and they were treating her like family. It was really cool. I think we may have had almost a good time there as we had at KD! I'm bad with names but I think the front desk person's name was Kaci. She was really nice and helpful and very efficient at what she was doing. Breakfast was great. We came down and everything was ready and still warm. Overrall, I had a great stay the whiole weekend! Thank you to the staff. I can't wait to stay there again and neither can my daughter! We had an awesome time!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I'm currently sitting in our room waiting on the amusement park to open. It can't open soon enough and I've got time to spare so thought I'd take the time to share our experience with others.

Rooms are dirty and floors heavily stained. Bathroom counters look like they were merely given a quick wipe because you can see the area that has a layer of dust where it wasn't wiped. The entire hotel smells like grandmas attic. It needs to aired out and quite possibly vacuumed and dusted. Every glance makes you aware that this location has no pride in their establishment. Trash on the floor everywhere we looked. The garbage can lids at the entrance were barely on and covered in gook. I wouldn't touch the lid to put it back on if I wanted to. So now perhaps our viewing of staff behavior will explain this.

Breakfast wAs to open at 7. We go down about 10 min early and it's dark and walk out front to find breakfast lady outside on the phone. She stayed there until time to open he eating area where she remained on phone. PotAtoes were Luke warm and breakfast burrito was cold inside. My husband walked into the pantry to use microwave to heat food. Bagels were unusually hard apples looked like they has been around for a while and the oranges were all rotting, shriveled and brown. Went to bathroom to wash sons hands and there were no way to dry hands so went to front desk to inform them. There was the front desk clerk sitting and getting her eyebrows threaded by the breakfast lady. After watching for a few I decided to interrupt their morning grooming session

We were suppose to stay 2 night but won't be staying the second night here. Even walked to hotel next door at la Quinta and it was nicer and smelled better. We paid over 100 for this as an FYI. Too much. Won't stay here again. Looking forward to the park though.

1 Thank Aussiebride
countryinndoswell, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion), responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest
On behalf of entire team at Country Inn & Suites Doswell, VA please accept my sincere apologies for your unpleasant stay at our hotel.
We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time.
I am sure you would overlook the mistake on our part this time and would continue your business association with us.
We reassure you of our co-operation and look forward to a more positive association with you in the future.
Manager
MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I know this is supposed to be a review of the hotel but the purpose of staying at a hotel is to get a good nights sleep. This will be impossible of you stay at the country inn and suites, days inn or Laquinta due to the rumbling, horn-blowing trains that I believe come through there every two to three hours. After being absolutely worn out from walking around kings dominion all day I cannot see ever staying here again.
The hotel itself is nice, only complaint is that breakfast didn't open on time, the employee was outside at 6:30 so I let myself in.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Do not....Repeat....DO NOT stay in this hotel. A train runs directly past the back room causing so much noise and vibration that it was impossible to get any
Sleep. This happened 5 times during the night. We finally left at 5AM and got no sympathy from the front desk person. Would have been better off sleeping in my car!!

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here for our trip to Kings Dominion.

Pros:
It was close to our vacation destination.
It was pretty cheap.

Cons:
Ants. Lots of them.
The food was mostly out of stock, and it was terrible.
A/C didn't work.
The caretaker didn't wash our towels.

Overall, this is not a good hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
Allamuchy, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We travelled to Doswell, VA for a one time event in April. We stayed in the Country Inn and Suites. I am happy to say this was a very good experience, the room was spacious and clean. If you are heading to the Old Dominion amusement park it is right across the street. Also close to Richmond and many restaurants and nightlife areas. It was full the night we stayed but quiet, also a good hot breakfast next am.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Linda M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doswell
La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 13 in Ashland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)? Share your experiences!