Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Doswell (Kings Dominion), VA
$63
Priceline
$48
$39
Motel 6 Ruther Glen(Ruther Glen)
$50
$48
Hotwire.com
$60
All reviewsacross the streetkings dominionwafflesroom was cleanfront desk attendantcomforts of homefree breakfastburger kingfitness centeroff seasoncomfortable stayroom rateindoor pooldecent sizebreakfast barparking lotstayed one night
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel offers a good value for the money for a quick stay that is convenient to the highway. With hotel coupons the price is right. Comfortable bed and large room. Breakfast ok...Didn't use hot tub or any other facilities as it was a quick stop...and it was off season.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
countryinndoswell, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Doswell (Kings Dominion), VA, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Dear Guest Kevin L.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel in Doswell, VA.
We are happy to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we thank you for your business.We wish you safe travels and we certainly hope to see you again in the future.

Sincerely
Manager
Country Inn & Suites Doswell

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Checked-in late which made it quick as I was the only one doing so. The lobby, halls, and room were all clean. No visible sign of dirt/dust inside room/bathroom. I had to be up and out early so I didn't get to try the breakfast nor did I have time for the pool area so I can't comment on that. Location is perfect for King's Dominion which was the primary reason for the trip. The only issue was my key cards both quit working but were quickly fixed by the desk clerk.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Hotel looks nice initially, but don't judge a book by it's cover. Pool was tiny. Hot tub was a joke and it smelled like dirty feet when I sat down in it. Worst hot tub experience ever. I felt disgusting and dirty when I got out and immediately showered and washed my bathing suit. I wish I had read the previous review before booking here. I love Country Inn and Suites and have had very good visits at other locations. The room was adequate and seemed clean, but there was some weird reddish mold in the corner of the tub near the floor and there was a hair stuck in it. I don't think the cleaning is up to par after seeing this.

As far as other people in the hotel, it was noisy all night with door slamming and you can hear everything going on in the hallway. It's said when you get awakened by grown people hollaring down the halls at 2 am.

My husband went down for breakfast to bring back up to our room and was chastaised for taking more than one plate of food. Seriously???

I would not recommend this location at all. Oh, and by the way, there were NEVER any cookies. They normally have cookies at the check in desk and we love that.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank its_just_ice
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Doswell (Kings Dominion), VA, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for posting this review! We are very sorry to hear about your experience with our hot tub. The last thing we want is for you to feel disgusting and dirty. We know that is supposed to be a relaxing part of your trip. We also are sorry to hear about your experience with the staff and with the guest room. We would like to discuss this further. Please feel free to contact us at CCare@carlsonrezidor.com. We look forward to hearing from you! ~Dana

Reviewed August 27, 2012

All of my daughters and my daughter's best friend ended up with Folliculitis which resulted in a hospital stay and iv antibiotics. STAY OUT OF THIS HOTEL'S HOT TUB AND POOL!!!!!!!! Owner/manager still has not returned our phone call, and the hospital ER physician had to place a call to the Virginia Department of Health. Sorry I read the post where the Manager states that the spa and pool is treated 3 times weekly. Apparently it is not enough, and you cannot fathom the pain that the girls were in RUINING our vacation!!!!!! Pics below are of my youngest daughter's legs and abdomen.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel, PERIOD!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank susan8555
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This place was amazing! It started with the front desk clerk Kaci, she was great! great attitude, extremly helpful, polite and best of all she treats you like family!...I have never had such a great customer service expierence....Thanks Kaci, your awesome!

This was my first time staying at a country inn and suites, it was definitly worth it!

-rooms were very well put together
- Indoor pool was great
- Hot tub felt just right

and best of all, felt right at home!!!

Its literally right across the street from Kings dominion, very convienant...

I highly reconmend to stay here when going to kings dominion...

Very quiet relaxed setting

rooms were big compared to other hotels

the Free complimentery breakfast was awesome!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends