“You get what you pay for in a good way.”

Days Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Doswell
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Most of the time this is said in a bad way but in this case I feel that I got exactly what I had expected for the price. I have nothing negative to say about the place. I know that other reviews have said this place needs to be updated, it appears there has been a fresh coat of paint applied to the walls and new linens put in the rooms. In addition others have commented on the second floor being soft, I did not notice this and I stayed on the second floor. I skipped the breakfast as it was from 0700-1000 and I was gone before 0600. The front staff was fine I do not know what the issues was in the past with them being rude, I had a third party reservation and they allowed me to upgrade it for a minimal fee. The train track is located not more than 100 feet from the back of the hotel and even being in a room farthest from the tracks it shakes the whole building. This was a fair price for a fair room. I would stay here again if ever in the area.

Room Tip: Get a room on the front side of the building away from the train noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Chetan S, Manager at Days Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thanks for the comments, our goal is to give our best to our customers and only with your comments we are able to do so.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 30, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I booked this motel due to the proximity to King's Dominion. The room was very clean and newly renovated. The beds are queen size and comfortable. The bathroom was very clean. The front desk staff however, is very rude! I don't know if it's a cultural difference that makes them just come accross as mean and confrontational, or if they are just that way. They are not very easy to get along with and I felt as if I had to walk on egg shells every time I approached the front desk. It's such a shame because they motel is a great place to stay, but the staff made it an unpleasant experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Sorry for the experience you had during your last stay with us, we will take care of the issue talking with the staff and give us another opertunity to serve you.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Hotel was decently clean and the breakfast was about average for a free continental breakfast. When I checked in, I was told that I had 2 rooms reserved. I had only reserved one room and showed the desk clerk my confirmation number. She asked if the website had acted strangely when I booked the room and I told her yes, but since I only got one confirmation email, I thought it was ok. She said she could not cancel the room from there, but that she would call the main reservation line and take care of it so I would not be charged the no show fee. I didn't hear from her the remainder of my stay and assumed it had been fixed. When I got home, I found on my credit card statement that I had been charged one night of the second room as a no show fee. I contacted Days Inn and received no response so I disputed it with my credit card. I was told that the hotel had said I should contact the reservation line and so my credit card said I had to pay. I told them what had happened and the dispute was reopened. I finally heard back from Days Inn and their records show I was credited for the charge, but apparently this hotel never refunded my money. I'm still fighting this through my credit card nearly 3 months after my stay! Next time, we'll just stay at La Quinta or Best Western!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doswell
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)
La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 13 in Ashland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland

Been to Days Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion? Share your experiences!