“Terrible”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Doswell
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Terrible”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I had 3 rooms all with double beds. I had 3 persons to a room but because they were all adults they charged me 20 bucks for each extra person in a room. Yet, they don't tell you that until you get there. My reservations didn't say that. Also, I had until 4:00 p.m. to cancel any reservations that I don't want - the manager called me to see if I was still coming and I told him "i'm on my way" he rudely said hurry up or you will be charged before arriving. Got there staff was rude. The manager I think is the front desk husband or brother. I will contact the owner of Days Inn as well to express my experience at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you going to Kings Dominion stay at the Best Western. A lot closer and they provide a shuttle bus...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have stayed at many hotels but had one of my best stays at this Days Inn Doswell. The rooms were new and clean. The staff was very friendly. Most importanty was that the location was perfect - right across from Kings Dominion.

• Stayed June 2012
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed here with my wife and 2 kids. We had a great time. Rooms were very clean and spacious. They offered great breakfast. It's right across from kings dominion. I would recommend staying here if you are in the area. They give great service for the value!

• Stayed April 2012
Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Amazing hotel. Great service, great quality, and helpful staff. The Days Inn is right across from Kings Dominion, walking distance. We enjoyed our stay and the outdoor pool was just perfect. We will be back this year. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Jofr12
Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

• Stayed May 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed May 13, 2012

The hotel is really good in compare of other days inn properties I have stayed inn. The front desk staff was friendly and also very helpful with helping me out with luggage as well.
The rooms were very clean and smelled good as well.The hotel was walking distance from the park which was very helpful.I really had a great time staying at this hotel!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jackie M
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed 2 nights for a recent cheer competition at King's Dominion. The hotel is walking distance to the park and was the cheapest in the area. Those are the two best things I can say about this hotel.
Numerous people in our group were charged extra for for extra people in the room (for example having 2 adults and 2 kids in a room would be charged extra if you only indicated three people when you registered). I have never even had hotel staff ask me how many people were staying in my room before this experience. We had a lot of angry parents fighting extra charges.
The room had a distinct stink to it that they tried to cover up with some sort of lemony air freshner. I described it as lemon pledge mixed with feces to others in our group. Very unpleasant. Room had ALOT of stains on the carpet, and I found the beds to be uncomfortable at best.
There are at least two hotels just as close and in much better condition. Given the opportunity, I would stay in one of them next time.
One last note. Our daughter left something behind at the hotel. After a thirty minute conversation with the hotel staff and then the cleaning crew they found our lost items. They assured us they would send them along to us (I offered to pay or allow them to charge my credit card). Two weeks later...nothing. I would have rated them a notch or two higher if they had come through with what they promised.
If you can afford more, spend it. Trust me. You get what you paid for.

Room Tip: Beware there are train tracks behind the hotel!!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank SChamberlin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doswell
La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion
Centerstone Inn
Centerstone Inn
#3 of 5 in Doswell
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 13 in Ashland
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#3 of 13 in Ashland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland

Been to Days Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion? Share your experiences!