Centerstone Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewson sitetennis courtsdenny's restaurantping pong tablepool sidetheme parknice pooloff seasongameplaygroundkdkingsexitpetrichmond
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2006

I knew when I arrived that the place was not how the establishment describes itself. I had a two night stay and when we checked into our room after a day at Kings Dominion to our surprise the bathroom was nasty. The bathtub had visible dirt rings not to mention the rusted drain. Okay so I figured I could call housekeeping to clean it...Well that was a permanent stain. When my daughter took a shower she noticed the water rising up around her legs...the drain didn't work...it was clogged. Themaintence man give it a quick look and nothing else. Now to make matters totally worse...the air conditioner was broken and in 90 degree heat...I had to wait for the guy to come back and install another unit from another room.
At this point I decided that I didn't want to step foot in the tub so I chose to wash from the basin...the darn thing began leaking from the base and covered the countertop with water...I was thoroughly frustrated. I finally settled down for a few hours sleep. I went to use the coffee maker to make a cup of coffee...and the coffee packs they provided was chewed up like mice/rats had gotten to it...I was disgusted...My kids were grossed out....I will never patronize this place again..and I guess it's like some one else wrote...you get what you pay for...but for $96.00 +tax a night it could be a WHOLE lot better.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank BookMommy
Reviewed August 9, 2006

I have taken my daughter to Paramounts Kings Dominion in Doswell Va every August since she was 5 years old...she is now 25...this year I took my youngest daughters 14 and 16..they have never been before so to them this was a dream come true...I found that if the Hotel Management would go into the rooms at least once a week and clean the filters in the air conditioners they would work better..we cleaned ours out because the air was running non stop and was not even cool in our room...after cleaning the filters out we had it on low for the remainder of the weekend it was that cold in there...the pool had a oil floating on top...a greenish tint to it ...and the tiki bar played the same music over and over and over..the beer was hot...limited drinks..not to mention NO LIFEGUARD at all..kids were running, falling, and knocking into people (me). It was really close to the park which was great..we called for towels a few times and toilet tissue and within seconds they were at our door...Dennys was a bit slow for only having a few people in there and the food was overcooked but for the most part very convienent...overall NOT BAD!!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank snowbabie
Reviewed August 5, 2006

Well, I must say I was very surprised with this hotel. When we arrived on a Thursday morning to do pre check-in before going to Kings Dominion, everything was so unorganized. It took forever. The staff seemed as if they did not know what they were doing. Nonetheless, we checked in and waited in the lobby for the "Shuttle Bus" to take us to the park. The bus was supposed to run every 15-20, we were told. On the way over, we caught the very first bus, which was nice, and didn't take long. We returned to the hotel in the middle of the day and we walked because after waiting at the pick up location for 30 minutes, the bus did not come. When leaving the hotel to return to the park the 2nd time, we waited in the lobby for 40 minutes and then decided to walk back. Thank goodness the hotel is basically in the same parking lot as the park because the shuttle is totally unreliable. The rooms were not clean and the bathroom was so small you could barely turn around. Also, it was 103 degrees the day we arrived and the A/C in our room was not even turned on to our surprise. The pool was a decent size, but crowded, and it was nearly impossible to find a parking spot. We asked for extra towels and and pillows as soon as we arrived and we were told twice by the staff we would get them in a few minutes. We never did. The only positive thing I will say about this overpriced hotel is that it is very close to the park and if you can handle a dirty room and a small bathroom, go for it. I won't be back though ...

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BabyGirlAsh
Reviewed July 8, 2006

If you're going to see the theme park King's Dominion, this hotel is basically in the same parking lot. excellent location. you can almost walk to the theme park.
The hotel is nothing special, but all in all, worth the money.

We stayed here after staying at La Quinta in williamsburg, va for busch gardens, and I must say, this hotel is a big step up from la quinta.
the bed here was comfortable and the room much bigger and nicer (cleaner).

The Main downside, is they advertise that they have a free shuttle to take you to King's Dominion. WHAT A JOKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do yourself a favor and just drive and pay the $10.00 parking for your own convenience.
You'll thank me later.
The shuttle runs about every 45 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!! and you try and squeeze in with everybody else. horrible.

4  Thank STEPHEN r
Reviewed June 30, 2006

I was pleasantly surprised at the convience and cleanliness to this hotel. Our room was clean and the best part is you are literally in Kings Dominion's Backyard....we simply walked diagnally across the huge parking lot and were there in about 5 minutes, if you dont feel like the walk you can always take the shuttle...the pool was very nice and clean. The onsite denny's was ultra convienent. The only bad thing i have to say.....do not buy the drinks from the vending machine you'll think you're getting a bottle but you'll only get a can, and also there was no fridge in out unit, but for the price and convience we were very happy. And the pool stays open pretty late which is great.

• Stayed: June 2006