“Paramounts Kings Dominion”
Review of Centerstone Inn

Centerstone Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Doswell
Reviewed August 9, 2006

I have taken my daughter to Paramounts Kings Dominion in Doswell Va every August since she was 5 years old...she is now 25...this year I took my youngest daughters 14 and 16..they have never been before so to them this was a dream come true...I found that if the Hotel Management would go into the rooms at least once a week and clean the filters in the air conditioners they would work better..we cleaned ours out because the air was running non stop and was not even cool in our room...after cleaning the filters out we had it on low for the remainder of the weekend it was that cold in there...the pool had a oil floating on top...a greenish tint to it ...and the tiki bar played the same music over and over and over..the beer was hot...limited drinks..not to mention NO LIFEGUARD at all..kids were running, falling, and knocking into people (me). It was really close to the park which was great..we called for towels a few times and toilet tissue and within seconds they were at our door...Dennys was a bit slow for only having a few people in there and the food was overcooked but for the most part very convienent...overall NOT BAD!!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank snowbabie
There are newer reviews for Centerstone Inn

Reviewed August 5, 2006

Well, I must say I was very surprised with this hotel. When we arrived on a Thursday morning to do pre check-in before going to Kings Dominion, everything was so unorganized. It took forever. The staff seemed as if they did not know what they were doing. Nonetheless, we checked in and waited in the lobby for the "Shuttle Bus" to take us to the park. The bus was supposed to run every 15-20, we were told. On the way over, we caught the very first bus, which was nice, and didn't take long. We returned to the hotel in the middle of the day and we walked because after waiting at the pick up location for 30 minutes, the bus did not come. When leaving the hotel to return to the park the 2nd time, we waited in the lobby for 40 minutes and then decided to walk back. Thank goodness the hotel is basically in the same parking lot as the park because the shuttle is totally unreliable. The rooms were not clean and the bathroom was so small you could barely turn around. Also, it was 103 degrees the day we arrived and the A/C in our room was not even turned on to our surprise. The pool was a decent size, but crowded, and it was nearly impossible to find a parking spot. We asked for extra towels and and pillows as soon as we arrived and we were told twice by the staff we would get them in a few minutes. We never did. The only positive thing I will say about this overpriced hotel is that it is very close to the park and if you can handle a dirty room and a small bathroom, go for it. I won't be back though ...

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank BabyGirlAsh
Reviewed July 8, 2006

If you're going to see the theme park King's Dominion, this hotel is basically in the same parking lot. excellent location. you can almost walk to the theme park.
The hotel is nothing special, but all in all, worth the money.

We stayed here after staying at La Quinta in williamsburg, va for busch gardens, and I must say, this hotel is a big step up from la quinta.
the bed here was comfortable and the room much bigger and nicer (cleaner).

The Main downside, is they advertise that they have a free shuttle to take you to King's Dominion. WHAT A JOKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do yourself a favor and just drive and pay the $10.00 parking for your own convenience.
You'll thank me later.
The shuttle runs about every 45 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!! and you try and squeeze in with everybody else. horrible.

4  Thank STEPHEN r
Reviewed June 30, 2006

I was pleasantly surprised at the convience and cleanliness to this hotel. Our room was clean and the best part is you are literally in Kings Dominion's Backyard....we simply walked diagnally across the huge parking lot and were there in about 5 minutes, if you dont feel like the walk you can always take the shuttle...the pool was very nice and clean. The onsite denny's was ultra convienent. The only bad thing i have to say.....do not buy the drinks from the vending machine you'll think you're getting a bottle but you'll only get a can, and also there was no fridge in out unit, but for the price and convience we were very happy. And the pool stays open pretty late which is great.

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank mialoca
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 27, 2006

Now, I'm the first to say that you get what you pay for, but this hotel was simply gross.

1) Bathroom not clean -- feces found on the toilet

2) Pulled back sheets on bed and discovered dried snot.

This is simply unacceptable for any hotel/motel -- regardless of the per night charge.

Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 21, 2006

I stayed at this BG for my niece's 10th birthday - May 2004 - she wanted to go to King's Dominion, so I booked this hotel.

As with previous reviews, it is a motel not a hotel. The rooms are a courtyard sround the pool. The staff was nice but service was slow and the rooms were scary. There was a leak in ours right next to a plug and we called and never did we see anyone show up. And this was 2 years ago!!!

It sounds like nothing has changed and I guess they don't feel a need to since they are the only place to stay. It's a wonder another chain has not come in. We also requested rooms next to each other and was not accomdated. Denny's (the on site restarant) was nice and had no complaints there other than the wait, but it to be expected.

I don't know if I would stay here again - but if you want the convenience of the park (though shuttle was not on time and we decided to walk) - stay here. If anything else, try to find a place outside of the area and just drive on in.

• Stayed: May 2004
6  Thank MyMuse
Reviewed September 17, 2005

Actually this was the first hotel/motel I have ever stayed at in my life. Well the internet said it was a hotel, but it is actually a motel. Let me just say this motel doesn't make a great first impression. I stayed here with my mom for our Kings Dominion trip. We live about 2 hours away from here and my mom didn't feel like driving back so we stayed here. We were on the 2nd floor, our view was of the kings dominion parking lot. When we first entered the room it was hot and muggy. The smell of cigarettes was horrible (we requested a non-smoking room). The beds were dingy and old. The bathroom was semi clean. Let me explain. The toliet was acceptable, but the shower wasn't. It had mildew and was dirty. Since we lived such a short distance away. We decided to just drive home and take a shower.

The motel is just walking distance from Kings Dominion. It's not worth waiting for the shuttle. Basically the only good thing about the trip was riding the rides at Kings Dominion.

• Stayed: August 2004
10  Thank Thatguy19
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doswell
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)
La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion
#4 of 13 in Ashland
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 6 in Ruther Glen

Been to Centerstone Inn? Share your experiences!