We arrived early morning to go to the theme park. We went into advise the reception lady we were going to the park which was open unitl 10pm we might be checking in late. The lady was very pleasant and checked for a room although one wasnt available.
Our room had 2 double beds, a TV, a safe, a coffee maker and hairdryer. The bathroom had a bath with shower head and toilet. The towels were clean and fresh. The beds and pillows were comfortable. We only stopped one night.
There is a little free bus that circles from the hotel to the theme park to the campsite aprox every 30 mins which is great to save the walk across the car park. There was plenty of room for us to park in the carpark which was free.
There is a 24/7 Dennys on site and we had an evening meal and breakfast which were good and the service was fast.
The hotel has a pool which is outdoor and heated only by the sun but was a nice swim. There is a poolside bar with cocktails and towels provided. There is also a playground for the young ones.
After the theme park we returned to our hotel room where our smoke alarm battery was bleeping. I phoned reception and a man was out within minutes and the battery changed. Amazingly fast service for that time of night! Could not fault it.
Ideal hotel if your visiting Kings Dominion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Centerstone Inn. We are conveniently located next door to Kings Dominion Theme Park, and a hotel partner for the Virginia Sports Complex and the Meadow Event Park. We're just minutes from a host of exciting area attractions and you'll find a wonderful selection of shopping and dining nearby. The property is close to the State Fair of Virginia which can't be missed. We're located walking distance to Kings Dominion Theme Park. Corporate guests enjoy business services and superior meeting facilities. Enjoy an on site Denny's restaurant open 24 hours with delicious deals like the Grand Slam. The courtyard features a game room next to a swimming pool and tennis courts. Play ping pong, set the kids free in the children's play area, or head to the putting green for a little swing action on your trip. Randolph Macon College is in the neighborhood, and our Doswell hotel is a favorite for students and faculty alike. While in town, don't miss the chance to see Secretariat's birthplace and a NASCAR(R) race at nearby Richmond International Raceway. Restaurants include UNO's Pizza, the King's Lounge Cocktail Lounge and a poolside Tiki Bar. Located right off I-95, this pet-friendly and family-oriented hotel is ideal for any vacation or business trip. Plus, the premium amenities provide all the comforts of home. Book your kingly stay at the Centerstone Inn Doswell at Kings Quarters! Enjoy your stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IBC Hospitality, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centerstone Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kings Quarters Hotel Doswell
- Best Western Hotel Doswell
- Doswell Best Western
- Best Western Doswell