“Location the only plus to this hotel!”
Review of Centerstone Inn

Centerstone Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Doswell
A TripAdvisor Member
“Location the only plus to this hotel!”
Reviewed August 1, 2005

This hotel was the worst I've ever stayed in. They messed up our reservation, the staff were friendly but very slow, our floor was wet and they had no place to move us, the grounds were run down and dirty. We did not feel safe, incidentally we noticed we had 5 types of security bolts on our door (what does that tell you)! Thank goodness our 3 kids didn't notice everything going on around us and we spent our entire day at the park. I could not wait to leave, I recommend staying elsewhere the closeness to the park doesn't come close to making up for this hotel.

Stayed July 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Reviewed June 29, 2005

My family stayed in this hotel for 1 night. We booked our room through the 800 number because the hotel operator was too busy to take a reservation. When we got there, the room was ok, the A/C had been left on, so it was a nice and cool relief from the heat. Not too long after checking in, I walked around the property to see the amenities. The pool I found to be very cloudy and the skimmers(where the leaves and such go) was not cleaned. It also didn't appear to have a water test done in almost 1 year. I am a lifeguard where I live and if my pool was in this condition, we would be required to close the pool. I also checked out the lounge by the pool. It was open, but it was kind of pricey. On my tour, I also stopped by the game room, which wasn't too bad. I also saw the tennis court was in good condition and it was lit, so you could play at night. The Denny's on site was pricey, NOTHING under $6. The ping-pong table was clean as well. Not much was wrong with our room except that the beds were too soft. There is also a nice truck stop across the street. There was a Subway inside and there was also a convience store type thing inside as well. If you attend religious services, there is a quaint little church at the truck stop. There is also an Exxon, Burger King, and a 7 Eleven with gas at the same exit. I would recommend anyone to stay there, especially if you want to stay at the park all day. There is a shuttle that runs every 15 mins from the Hotel, to the park, to the campground. Weekdays at leaves starting at 9:30a and weekends at 8:30a. Its last run is 45 mins after park closing(which is usually 10pm)

Stayed June 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
milliegirl
Reviewed June 6, 2005

My husband and I took are two little grandson's there the weekend of June 4-5 to spend the night. From what I had read on the internet, I was surprised to walk in our room which looked like it had been recently renovated. My 3 year old grandson decided he needed to go to the bathroom and he opened the toilet and yelled, "Mom Mom, Mom Mom, come and look". The toilet was backed up bad. The maid had apparently seen it and did nothing. The maintenance man came and took care of it and then a maid came in and cleaned out. We did not ask for another room because of the location...right next to the pool. Other than that, the place was very good for staying the night with a family. The pool was open really late. There was a snack bar beside it and tables all around. There was a pizza palour, small bar, game room and a Denny's Restaurant attached. The people at Denny's were nice but some of them had a hard time understanding the English language but I can't tell you how nice they were. We would go back to this place again.

• Stayed June 2005
3 Thank milliegirl
Reviewed April 24, 2005

On the evening of Friday April 15, we stayed at the Best Western – Kings Quarters in Doswell, Virgina. I was disappointed to find that this location did not meet the usual standards of Best Western Motels that I have stayed at in the past.

Specifically, there were large clumps of lint on the floor and the coffee maker did not work. Additionally, the climate control unit was not functioning. It ran on the “fan only” setting for about 2 hours, and after that, the “heat”, “cool”, and “fan only” settings would not function.

Service at the attached restaurant (Denny's) was slow, or in our case, non-existent. The restaurant was obviously short of help as customers were not seated even though there were open tables. They probably did not have waitresses to cover all locations. When we finally were seated, there seemed to be no one interested in taking our order. We asked a passing waitress who was covering our table, and her response was “I don’t know”, and she was gone. We left, and got breakfast several miles down the road.

When I expressed our dissatisfaction at the check-out, the person in charge immediately reduced our bill for the night’s stay. However, she then hinted that perhaps we didn’t know how to operate the climate control unit, as it did not function at all temperatures. When I inquired as to what temperature was required to keep all three functions from working, she did not have an answer.

It is very possible that I did not know how to work the coffee maker and the climate control unit. If the operating instructions are so difficult that two college educated individuals cannot figure them out, then they should be printed out, or included in a room “orientation” Better yet, I would suggest that at $130 a night ($104 after our discount), the staff should adjust the temperature for us and serve our coffee in bed when we awaken.

From my experience, Best Western Motels are a good value, however, I will never stay at this particular location in the future.

Stayed April 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doswell
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)
La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 13 in Ashland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ashland - Hanover, VA

Been to Centerstone Inn? Share your experiences!