“That OK if you go to King's Dominion” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Centerstone Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Centerstone Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Doswell
Drummondville
“That OK if you go to King's Dominion”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

We choose this hotel only because it was close to King's Dominion (less than 5 minutes walking distance). If you want a quiet place to sleep, good luck it is very noisy and I was not on the pool side. Room was clean. Beds were not so bad. Internet worked well. No fridge and no microwave. I didn't find the staff too friendly at reception and on check out (it was the same person and wasn't more enthousiatic both time). It was our 3rd hotel in our trip in Virginia, the most expensive and the one with less services and the staff seemed bored compared with other hotels. Our visit to Denny's wasn't that enjoyable, we waited a long time to have our meals. So not sure I we would stay there again if we go back to King's Dominion.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank taz23
theresagio, Manager at Centerstone Inn, responded to this review, February 25, 2010
We appreciate your honest feedback from your stay at the Best Western Kings Quarters.
A flawless stay for each and every guest is our goal and we appreciate the opportunity to address any issues that you experienced during your stay. We do offer a refrigerator and microwave to our guests upon request.
We strive to provide excellent guest service and we regret that we fell short during your stay with us.
Thank you again for your review and we hope that you will reconsider staying with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Corolla, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2009

I am writing regarding our stay at the Best Western Kings Quarters in Doswell, VA. I must admit that prior to our arrival I was a bit nervous about this location due to the many negative reviews. I e-mailed the hotel regarding my concerns. The manager, Kevin, e-mailed me back almost immediately. He totally eased my mind about the hotel. He did mention that things were not always the greatest but things had improved.
The road leading back to the hotel is beautiful. It has a park like setting. We arrived early on our check in day. Kevin was on duty. He remembered me from my e-mail. He was really nice & helpful. He contacted housekeeping who had our room cleaned in no time. They did a great job. The room looked and smelled great. While waiting for our room, we walked the grounds. The outdoor pool is so pretty. There is a tiki bar within the pool area....great drinks and a friendly "bartender". They also offer shuffleboard, tennis as well as ping pong. All areas were clean and in great shape. The landscapers were there taking care of things as well. We went to the park 2 days in a row. It was so nice to be able to come back to the hotel and have things to do. The weather was warm & sunny so we took full advantage of the pool. The pool area is equipped with many chaise lounge chairs as well as plenty of tables w/umbrellas. Again, this area was clean and beautifully maintained. We did visit the lounge as well. I think one of the most unique things about this hotel (well it was for us), it is connected to a Denny's Restaurant. You can have a beverage in the lounge and have your Denny's food sent to the lounge. The restaurant was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful.
For those of you, who are thinking about staying here, please don’t believe everything that you read. I work for a property management company. I know the importance of good customer service and the cleanliness of a location. The staff at Kings Quarters succeeded in providing both. Overall, our stay was perfect. We are planning a trip in the fall and we will definitely look forward to staying here again. Thanks to everyone at Kings Quarters and Denny's. You made our trip a great success!!
OBX -- Duck

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
What a fabulous review of the Best Western Kings Quarters! Thank you for your kind comments about Kevin at the hotel front desk. Wonderful to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your vacation and that your stay with us was quite enjoyable. Providing excellent guest service and the cleanliness of our guest rooms are just a couple of our many goals at our hotel. We are glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. We are so appreciative of your kind comments and we are happy to hear that you plan on a return trip. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back.
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2009

OK this is basically a motor inn. Its not a fancy hotel, not even close. Its not the Marriott or a luxury resort. Usually I find the average Trip Advisor rating to be pretty reliable and usually I check it before going. I had checked it for King's Dominion but the hotel stay was a spur of the moment thing.

We had an easy and smooth check in. The desk clerk was friendly. Certainly none of the "thugs" hanging out that I had heard about. Its not yet peak season but I have a feeling people are over reacting when they say there are thugs hanging out. I only saw low key families hanging out here.

The hotel is right across from the park with a free shuttle (saving you $10/day in parking.) I think we paid $75 for the room which is a ridiculously low rate for a hotel these days. I wasn't expecting much - just a bed. I wanted to comment on the facilities though b/c I think they're pretty good for $75 a night. There's a nicely kept outdoor pool plus lots of activities on the grounds (shuffle board, tennis, putting green.) Families appeared to be having fun.

Anyways, just thought I would take a sec to recommend this hotel for people traveling on a budget. You could have a nice low key afternoon/evening in the pool area after going to the park all day. Don't believe the haters. I'm not sure there are any fancier hotels around anyways so might as well stay here.

Finally, you can buy tickets on the premises and we saved an additional $5 on the room this way. So when you net out the $10 for parking it was close to $60 for my son and I to stay here! Sure beats the hell out of driving back to DC after a day at the park.

Special Bonus: Free wireless internet! Nice not to get nailed for $10 - $15 like at most hotels.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
North Uxbridge, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2009

We stayed at this hotel as part of a King's Dominion package in July of 2007-what a mistake! Although it was a great package-just under $600.00 for our party of 5 for 3 nights stay, and two days at the park, the hotel was just too disgusting for words! Took us forever to check in, and considering we had just driven 10 hours, we really just wanted to settle in and get a bite to eat! Staff at the desk very disorganized, and seemed utterly overwhelmed-first room key didn't work, so back down to the line in the lobby we went. Finally got in the room, and it was filthy, absolutely disgusting! Carpet filthy with obvious stains, comforters dirty and whole room smelled musty and unclean.A/C was off, so very hot , and unit was slow, and leaked water. Bathroom was another story-tub mildewed and filthy, toilet filthy,hard to flush, and when it did flush, water leaked out of the back. Bathroom ceiling was moldy, and fan didn't work at all. Whole room had a very dirty, unsanitary feel. Called front desk, there were no other rooms, and despite my request, toilet was never fixed during our 3 days. "Pizzeria UNO"-what a joke-45 mins for an over cooked frozen-tasting pizza. tried Denny's-waited 20 mins to be acknowledged while wait staff walked by us- finally went into Ashland to eat! Pool area crowded, pool overchlorinated to an unhealthy level-my children wore goggles, but still got rashes on their faces. And did I mention all of the scary-looking people hanging about? We ran out of toilet paper, and it took 3 calls and a trip to the front desk to get it-apparently, the people who work there call it "tissue",had no idea what we wanted, and never asked! On the plus side, King's Dominion is beautifu! Great rides, beautifully laid out, staff friendly, and great food! Also, restrooms cleaner than our room by a long shot!! Will go back to the park, but never to this hotel-the discount is not worth it. I'm surprised we didn't all get the plague!!

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank pongorama
Manteo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2008

We were very hesitant to stay here based on the reviews but people only tend to post the bad and not the good. We had a nice room on the first floor near the hotel lobby - clean and everything was fine. The hotel is very busy in the summer - so you can't expect to be waited on quickly. We had some issues with our door- key would not work but they sent a mantainance man right away and fixed it. The hotel is good for the price - it suited us - the pool and games outside were nice but very busy - but our daughter still had fun. I think for the crowd that the Best Western gets - they do as good of a job as they can possibly do. It was great to be close by the park - the shuttle ride was very useful - especially after a long day at the park. Don't believe all the bad reviews - this hotel offered pretty good service and the rooms were not as scary as what some people say. All in all we had an enjoyable stay. We would stay here again.

• Liked — close to amusement park
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank OBXfamily
utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2008

I stayed at the end of August for 2 nights during the week. I must say after reading some reviews was a little worried.. NO PROBLEMS AT ALL ! I am very picky. Location was great. So close to the park you can do a 5 minute walk to the park entrance or wait for the shuttle, which we used once. Room was clean and looked updated. It was a wet smell at first, maybe carpet was just cleaned or something, because it didn't last long. Only saw one small spider in bathroom area, but no other bugs or ants. Check in was quick and easy. Dennys/Hotel staff very friendly ,efficient, spoke english. Dennys food- good value, food just like any other Dennys, it was good, nice servings, clean. Rooms- beds move a little when you move but firm and comfortable. No problem with noise,we didn't had pool view which was good. Rooms by the pool could be noisy at night, pool & game area open until 12am. Pool area- nice size not too crowded, few older rowdy kids once but that could be anywhere with unsupervised teens. Check out fast and easy. Nice hotel for family- plenty of activities after park closes or just to wind down from park.

• Stayed August 2008
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank pebblesUtah
Roanoke, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2008

We stayed July 30 and 31. When we arrived it took 30 minutes to check in. The staff speak a foreign language and they spoke to each other in their language and we could not understand a thing they were saying. Which I thought was very rude. The room was ok for a best western, it wasn't dirty but the beds were very uncomfortable. After we checked in we went to the pool and we decided to have a few drinks. $9.25 for a margaritta and they only filled the cup half way. We spent 37.00 for 4 drinks. And they have a rule no drinks allowed near the pool area unless they are purchased at the pool bar. The pool had extremely to much chlorine in it. I was swimming with my 7 year old son and we went under to wave at each other and I could not see him. It was so cloudy. We swam for about an hour and went back to the room, His eyes were so red from the chlorine, they started burning him and he ended up crying himself to sleep. I rinsed his eyes with cold water and held a cool rag on his eyes with no relief. We were on the bottom floor and whoever stayed above us was constantly spitting off the balcony. One woman came out of her room and dumped a cup of water right on my husbands foot. We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doswell
La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)
Days Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 13 in Ashland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#3 of 13 in Ashland

Been to Centerstone Inn? Share your experiences!