“David rocked the front desk.”

Centerstone Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Doswell
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed 2/27/13 on our way to Florida. We were off-season, so the place was clean, quiet and quite reasonably priced. David, at the front desk was efficient, friendly and very informative. He was a great representative for the company. The room was very clean. All the staff were very helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chuc L
dclausen, General Manager at Centerstone Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

First, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us here at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters. We are elated to hear that you had a pleasant stay during your recent time here with us. We always want our guests to feel comfortable and at home during their stay. I have passed your compliments of David to our Front Office Manager, so that he is able to be recognized accordingly for his service to you. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We were told when booking, it included cont'l breakfast but no such luck. We could have stayed at any of the surrounding hotels for a few dollars more & got a full breakfast. I could kick myself for being cheap but will remember this for next year s trip. Bath small. Tub shot.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Nj2florida
dclausen, General Manager at Centerstone Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to first thank you for staying with us at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters. Unfortunately, due to the circumstance that we do have a 24 hour Denny's on premises, we do not have a free continental breakfast. However, we do have a promotional rate bookable only online that does include breakfast for two with your stay. In regards to the bathroom and tubs in the guest rooms, we are currently developing a plan for renovations that will update the bath tubs and bathroom area. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Best Western Kings Quarters 2 years in a row now. We are planning to stay with BWKQ again this year in October. We have had great service both times during our stay from the front desk and room serves staff. Rooms were neat and clean. Our reason for our overnight stay was taking in 2 days at the VA State Fair. Last October during our stay I will say that the service at the on site Denny's was lacking in enough servers and kitchen staff to keep up with the demand of seated customers. The food was good when it came, but we did have to send my wifes meal back to get some corrective measures fixed with the order. The manager brought out the new plate to make sure it was to my wifes satisfaction. We applaud the manager for taking the extra time to make sure the meal was right.

I will agree with traveler reviews from "iagomega". Great place to stay if visiting Kings Dominion.

FYI. In most cases if you call (804) 876-3321 BWKQ's directly with AARP, AAA or any other discount source you will generally get a cheaper rate on the room than online booking. We learned that our first year.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

First, I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty to us at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters when you are in the area for the wonderful Virginia State Fair. We are elated to hear that you have received exceptional service with our Front Desk and housekeeping staff. I do sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced in the Denny's restaurant during your time here with us. I can assure you that this year will be a much different experience for you and your family. We look forward to seeing you again in October!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

If you're headed to Kings Dominion, this is the place to stay.

It is literally across the parking lot, so no need to drive and pay for parking. It's also easy to go have lunch or take a nap during the day if needed! They offer both AAA and Cedar Fair pass holder discounts.

The rooms are surprisingly pretty quiet for being next to a major them park! They were comfortable, clean, and up kept. We have never had a single problem. Their staff is pretty friendly too, even when checking in late! In fact I had left something in the room, and called and we worked it out that a friend that was still in the area would come pick it up. They didn't transfer me to housekeeping (or normally their voice mail) and took care of everything quickly!

It is a little round about to get into the place though, you need to make sure you're not taking the road that leads to the amusement park, but their signage isn't too bad. I don't believe they serve breakfast either, at least we never stumbled upon it any times we have been there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
dclausen, General Manager at Centerstone Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

First, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us here at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters. We are elated to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us. As well, we greatly appreciate your compliments of our staff and the courtesies that they were able to extend to you. Here at Kings Quarters, we always want our guests to know that they are a part of our extended family. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This has been my 5th stay at this hotel over many years of Florida winter travel. It is our first stop after a long days driving from Massachusetts. My greeting by the young man Front desk clerk was cold as ice!!! I was afraid to even ask any questions more or less where my room was located. Having worked as a manager of a hotel I would never allow this type of attitude to be tolerated. The room was adequate and clean but lacking in soap. The bathroom is very tiny and a tight squeeze. No breakfast is offered which is because they say a Dennys is located on the site if you want to pay $14 for eggs and coffee a real rip off. This will be oour last visit.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Chose this hotel because I am a Best Western Rewards member and it is super close to the highway. I know Best Western isn't the Ritz but I can usually count on a clean, updated room. Well I've been at motel 6's that are nicer than this place. Not what I expected at all from a Best Western. Its old with small rooms and not as clean as it should be. It is close to the amusement park if that's what you're looking for but otherwise keep driving.

• Stayed: January 2013
dclausen, General Manager at Centerstone Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

First, I would like to offer my sincere apologies that your stay was anything less than exceptional during your time with us. Here at Kings Quarters, we always strive to ensure that each guest has an exceptional stay! It saddens us to hear that your stay was anything less than that. If at any time you have any issues with your room or any of the amenities around the property, please feel free to contact the Front Desk immediately. There is an agent available to you 24 hours daily to assist with any issues that you may have. Again, I do sincerely apologize that your stay was anything less than exceptional! It is our hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with superior customer care. If I can be of any further assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at (804)876-3321.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was overwhelmingly surprised and thankful for the wonderful service my family and I received at the King Quarters Best Western location on Nov 1, 2012. My familys vehicle broke down on I-95 enroute to a funeral. The warm and sincere service provided by Brittany at checkin and Karen the following day will never be forgotten. This is the first time we have stayed at Best Western and are frequent travelers. It will not be our last visit. Wonderful employees like Brittany Karen are a asset to your company that is priceless!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
dclausen, General Manager at Centerstone Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

First, I would like to thank you for staying with us here at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters. We are elated to hear that you received exceptional care by our staff during your time with us. I have passed your compliments to our Front Office Manager, so that we are able to recognize Karen and Brittany accordingly. We hope to see you again soon!

BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters

Also consider these accommodations in or near Doswell
La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Doswell (Kings Dominion), VA
Days Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 13 in Ashland
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ashland - Hanover, VA

Been to Centerstone Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion? Share your experiences!