“Excellent place”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Doswell
Wade, North Carolina
“Excellent place”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We stayed on June 24-26 and our room and amenties were outstanding. The Denny's was very slow and their staff were overworked for the busy season. JoAnn Johnson

Room Tip: Book on line.
theresagio, Manager at Centerstone Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Best Western Kings Quarters hotel.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and so nice to hear that our convenient location next to Kings Dominion park worked out so well for you and your family.
My apologies about your experience at Denny's and have passed your comments onto the management since it is separate from the hotel. We are very sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience while staying with us/
Thank you again for this review and look forward to your next stay with us whenever you travel back to the area.

804-876-3321

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I recommend the Best Western Kings Quarters to anyone. It was clean, and best of all, close enough to the park that we could come back to eat or change. The bathroom was very small, but that's the only thing I would change.

theresagio, Manager at Centerstone Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Kings Quarters Hotel.
Delighted to hear that our great hotel worked out so well for your recent mini getaway vacation.
I appreciate your kind words regarding the cleanliness of our accommodations as it is great to see the hard work of our Housekeeping staff recognized so nicely in your review.
Thank you again for the compliments and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I booked this hotel (a family suite) for our family trip to Kings Dominion due to the proximity to the park. Let me say that was the ONLY good thing about this hotel. Check in was a nightmare,,we arrived early and did the pre-check in and we were told to return after 3 pm. At 4:30 we came back and there were at least a dozen people in line ahead of us. There is no separate line for folks who already checked in and just need the room key, so we waited, and waited and waited, 35 minutes later we had the key. We heard the couple behind us comment that they should take a picture of this and send it to corporate. The front desk clerk had smiles for all the noisy crowd ahead of us, and a frown as soon as we stepped up to the counter. My husband and I both noticed it. The room was outdated, smelled of mold, the pull out sofabed was broken on one end, and the bathtub had hairs in it! The sink had actually separated from the counter behind it. The bathroom tile was very brown lik eit hadn't been scrubbed clean in months.. Disgusting and dirty. The microwave oven was from the 1980's, no digital read out, you had to guess how long two minutes is. When the sofabed was open, it actually touched the other bed, so you couldn't walk across the room! Thin walls too, we could hear everything going on next door. When we left I stopped at the front desk to check out, and the same chaos was going on in the lobby as the day before. I left the key on the counter and walked out. NEVER AGAIN..stay far away!

1 Thank cdesilva
theresagio, Manager at Centerstone Inn, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Dear cdesilva,
Thank you for taking the time from your busy day to share your most recent experience with us while staying at the Best Western Kings Quarters.
It is from individuals such as you who share their experience with us that enable us to correct our shortfalls for future guests. I do apologize that you felt this way and I am terribly sorry about that and committed to resorting the perception you had of our hotel. Given the seriousness of challenges mentioned, I would love to discuss this stay with you directly to ensure that you are aware of the action that has been taken to correct our shortfalls and to aid us in why you felt this way.

Odenton, Maryland
Reviewed June 26, 2011

I had concerns based on the other reviews and contacted management. Management addressed my concerns and inspected my room the day I arrived. Our stay was very nice. Hotel personnel were very helpful and friendly. Rooms were clean. The beds were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean but it is a small bathroom. Denny's take out is better than dining in just because it is very busy. It's a 5 min walk to the park which was great. I would use this hotel again when I visit Kings Dominion. We didn't use the pool area but it appeared to be fun and safe.

1 Thank kjicetea
theresagio, Manager at Centerstone Inn, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Dear Best Western Kings Quarters hotel valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel.
I very much appreciate your comments regarding our manager, Damon, as it so nice to see the recognition of his hard work and dedication.
Thank you for your kind words regarding the cleanliness of our accommodations as it is great to see the hard work of our Housekeeping staff recognized so nicely in your review.
Our goal is to provide excellent service to all guests so it was nice to see that we exceeded your expectations during your stay.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your review and I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to the area.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 19, 2011

For the price I was a little skeptical, but aft reading some recent reviews thought I would try it. Glad I did . It was a nice place for the money. Room was clean, plenty of towels, staff was very friendly and helpful. Had a great time at pool and Tiki Bar. Shuttle service to park was excellent. Good experience. Wld stay again.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed June 9, 2011

more shuttle buses the beds were so soft really liket hat it was walking distance to the park.The rooms were clean with plenty of towels staff wasgreat!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
theresagio, Manager at Centerstone Inn, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
On behalf of the Best Western Kings Quarters hotel, I would like say thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am ecstatic that you found our accommodations so comfortable and our goal is to provide excellent service to all guests so it was nice to see that we exceeded your expectations during your stay.
Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us the next time you visit the area.

Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I called the Best Western the night before my family and I were going to Kings Dominion to make a reservation. The assistant gave me a discounted price and then told me we could park there when we arrived to avoid the $12 parking fee and could check in later. When we arrived at 10:15 AM I went in to get the parking pass and the lady at the counter said...well, I can go ahead and check you in if you would like! I could not believe it! She totally made my day! I was worried about leaving things in the car all the way there. I did not even ask for that! And then they shuttled us all over and back from Kings Dominion. Every person on staff was extremely friendly from the cleaning crew to the waitress at the Denny's at the hotel. I found a pamphlet the next morning saying they wanted to give their guests the Royal treatment. I felt like the red carpet had been rolled out for me the entire trip! We will go back again and again! Laurie Jordan

theresagio, Manager at Centerstone Inn, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Dear Laurie,
Thank you for your review of the Best Western Kings Quarters Hotel.
We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us during your recent visit to Kings Dominion amusement park.
Thank you for your kind words regarding our wonderful accommodations, prompt shuttle service, and convenient location.
Our goal is to provide excellent service to all guests so it was nice to see that we exceeded your expectations.
Again, thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your next stay with us again soon!

David Clausen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doswell
La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)
Days Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 13 in Ashland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#3 of 13 in Ashland

Been to Centerstone Inn? Share your experiences!