“If you love trash, this is the place for you!”
Review of Kings Dominion

Kings Dominion
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Doswell
More attraction details
Owner description: Grab your friends and family and come to Kings Dominion - Virginia's ultimate 400-acre destination for summertime fun! With more than 60 rides, shows and attractions including the largest coaster collection on the East Coast, Planet Snoopy, our Peanut's themed children's area and WaterWorks, a 20-acre water playground which is included in your park admission. Kings Dominion is Virginia's only destination offering two parks for the price of one. We have everything you need for creating lifelong memories. Our 40th Celebration starts in 2014 and offers magnificent experiences you won't find anywhere else! While it's our birthday, this celebration is all about you! We've taken all of the thrills, chills, smiles and dazzling moments of our history and crafted them into a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Don't miss it! To end the day, stay for Dominion at Dusk - a KD40 Nighttime Celebration! Start off with the vibrant lights and sounds of Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular and the stunning water and lights display of our fully refurbished International Street Fountain. The party really gets going as the Grande Bandstand and the midways of International Street come to life with our all-new block party, Ignite the Night! featuring an impressive cast singing some of your favorite hits! And the party isn't complete without a magnificent display of fireworks lighting up the nighttime skies above the park. Open daily during the summer; weekends in the spring and fall.
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I'm rating this park as poor. Maybe it's because I compare it to Busch Gardens and to the many other parks I've been to. I'd say the only park that it's better than is Hershey Park from my recollection. Hershey Park had outdated rides. Kings Dominion is a bit out-dated too. They have a hard time keeping it clean. By the end of the day, the parking lot looks like a dump. There have been stabbings at this park too. A couple of my children have had medical issues since riding on the Intimidator. Another woman I know went on it and a week or so later found out she had 2 aneurisms. One is inoperable. The doctor thinks it came from this ride. Safety is a real concern for my family here. Their Halloween celebration is pretty trashy to the point that you should not take children.

4  Thank travelqueen03

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Growing up only an hour or so from KD, I have visited many times over many years. I'm impressed with how the park keeps evolving and adding new attractions to keep visitors interested and coming back. My sister and I decided that we would try their Halloween Haunt this year, where the park is kept open until midnight, lots of haunted houses are created and sprinkled throughout the park, and terrifying actors lurk around every corner. It was AWESOME! We had so much fun (we're 25 and 26 BTW). There is some sticker shock with the price of admission, but you can get your money's worth!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Ok so this a place where rowdy teenagers abound and I know it. Though I didn't see any and I did see police. The scare houses or mazes were better than say Busch Gardens. They were full of people ready to scare. Yes the theming was average to good , but it was plenty dark and scary. So the people scaring you make the maze. Having been to both I liked the mazes here better because of the people and there were more of them. One point for KD. Well no hot cocoa and cider and fall fare and the place we found that had cocoa was a packet tasted awful. You can walk to the front of the park for Starbucks though. So I'm giving the point to Busch Gardens cause that was just lazy, hey we want to spend our money people. This park doesn't have huge hills and sprawling places a mile apart so another point to KD only walked 10 miles instead of 16. Only one good show very hard rock though, Busch Gardens has three excellent shows so one point to Busch Gardens. The scare zones you walk through at KD were pathetic, maybe one or two people really poor. Busch Gardens gets this point for sure theirs was better. Sounds like KD TOOK THEIR PEOPLE AWAY FROM SCARE ZONES AND PUT THEM IN THEIR MAZES. can't say what I think is better excellent haunted mazes and poor zones or ok mazes good shows and food and ok scare zones.... My teenagers like Kings Dominion better. My hips like it better too cause the park is smaller . But I prefer the shows and fall food so there you go. Lines were horrid both places. We bought fast passes, they actually worked at KD and fast pass lines long long at BG so KD gets the point here too!

This is just really good old fashioned fun, a dark place, scary people and screaming laughing teenagers! I tell you screaming laughing teenagers priceless.
Us two Moms 50's and two boys 13 laughed ourselves silly. Not that many opportunities in life when their this strange age. Go enjoy both places are fun!

1  Thank kisswells
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We went up to KD on the last Sunday of their season. Most of the rides were no or short lines especially earlier in the day. Flight of Fear had the longest line, but it is certainly worth the wait. The take off is long and takes your breath away. We love the Rebel Yell and the Stunt coaster. The only improvement I would like to see is wait times on some of the rides like Flight of Fear since you can't see the line.
We went out to eat then came back for Fright Night - well worth the experience. We hit 3 haunted mazes and the lines while long went by fast. The scare staff went out of their way to scare the wits out of you even if it means following you through the maze! My husband thought the mazes could have had more special effects, but I had so much fun with what they had. You have to let go of your serious self and just have fun when you enter the park at night.
Will probably be back to get scared next year. Well worth the 2 hour trip from Raleigh.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We went for Haunt night and it was really disappointing. They really put hardly any effort into it being scary. The kids had a OK time but waiting on the lines made it terrible. Some of the lines were two hours long. I was glad to see they opened a chick fil a so I can eat somewhat decent food and when we got our chicken it was raw. definitely not what you expect from a chick fil a. A lot of the patrons were cutting lines and being rowdy. They have no security that we saw. They are oblivious to what people are doing in the park.
We definitely will not be going back there again.

5  Thank kenmendo