“Sorry, but not good”

Prince George Family BBQ
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Disputanta
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have to say I was so disappointed in the BBQ at this place. Ribs and Minced Pork very.....I mean very overcooked. We got take out and didn't eat in the restaurant. I could not believe how chewy and hard the meat was. I will say that I will never get food there again.

Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

BBQ is fair. Certainly not as good as other places east on 460. Service quick. Blasting Fox News was a turnoff. I don't like TV when I eat, and I hated having to listen to non-stop Obama bashing. Would not go back.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

This place is a joke. They have a bunch of kids running around with no apparent regard to getting to customers.

I would say if they got any slower, they'd have to go backwards. It's like they go out and butcher each pig per order. Then, to get the waitresses to come to your table is a rather amusing escapade as well.

The food is only okay. The prices are insane. You'd think they were the only suppliers of bar-b-q sandwiches, dinner plates.
I am thinking what keeps them going is the truckers that wonder over from the truck stop across the street. (what friendly people they are...a bit on the smelly side, of course, driving a truck across country in a short time is not an easy job).

I would say not really kid friendly. And, bring your bank account when deciding to get lame service here. (not your wallet, your bank account).

I have been twice...same experience both times. No third time for this dive.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Great find on the 295 bypass around Richmond. We stopped on our way north from NC and pleased it was just a few minutes off the interstate and a quick in and out. It's clearly a favorite local lunch crowd place. We ordered to-go and were impressed with choice of two sizes of BBQ sandwiches - so spouse and I each had the size we could eat. Of course, freshly made, and not real creamy cole slaw on top. And their homemade hot sauce was the perfect combination of tangy and sweet. We'll definitely make this a regular stop.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

When heading to Tidewater Va, we like to go down 460 to avoid the horrible traffic on I64 between Williamsburg and Newport News. Passed this place about lunch time and while it's tough for me to drive past any BBQ place - this one was calling my name.
First reaction upon entering and being greeted by the very friendly staff, even though the sweet smell of slow cooked pork was absent, was "this place could be OK after all." Nice full menu - something there for most folks. We zeroed in on the minced pork sandwich - the standard by which we judge all BBQ joints - have to say it was just ok. A bit dry and lacking the flavor punch I look forward to with NC BBQ. Of course that may have been the problem - I was expecting NC BBQ and I was still in Va. Humm ..... Did we enjoy it anyway - you bet. Even OK BBq is better than Micky D's or any other chain. What the food lacked in punch the staff more than made up for in friendly service - hope I'm hungry on the next trip through and have the window down so I can hear Price George calling my name.