“Acceptable Service, Sub Par Comestables ”
Review of Galley

Galley
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Deltaville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

I was disappointed with The Galley, one of only a few restaurants in Middlesex County. We didn't go for the food but to hear a friend of mine play guitar there.

The service was good, and the two women who seated us and waited upon us were pleasant.

My friend and I ate essentially the same things: Fried pickle appetizer, stuffed flounder, side salad, and baked potato/baked sweet potato.

Drinks were comprised of bottled beer: Brown Ale and Guiness.

The fried pickles were just okay, and the side salads were wilty. The potatoes were diminutive. The fish was guppy size, and the crab taste was absent . The only flavor that surfaced was that of the Old Bay seasoning that floated in/on some oleaginous fluid.

No rolls were served, and food was not served hot.

They make no desserts there, so we didn't try any. They're probably factory processed by Cisco or some other food manufacturer.

The Galley is more like a bar that sells food on the side. I don't believe that they are serious about being a good restaurant.

It's hard to be great, but The Table, one of my favorite local restaurants, is great, and it is located just across the street!

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed November 25, 2017

We arrived at 5p on a Wednesday night. Went in the bar door where the crowd was at a loud roar. We were seated in the dining area and the only ones in the place for the food, I guess. Waitress was very cool and perhaps overworked waiting on the bar people also. We had the fried oysters which were $19.99 and nothing remarkable. The cole slaw that came with was supposedly homemade and was blah. Hush puppies were good. We also ordered a Reuben which came with homemade potato chips. It was below par with perhaps two slices of corned beef, and you could not taste the sauerkraut or cheese. The potato chips were great. The waitress warmed up to the point of being intrusive at the end. This establishment seems to be focused on the bar crowd and we heard it's a local hangout. It would probably be nice to sit outside in the summer for a drink. For good food, you'd be better off going to The Sunset across the street where we wanted to go, but they were closed.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

Improving after an extended closing for reorganization. Relaxed, casual atmosphere, good meeting place for inside and outside seating. It has a "comfortable" food and bar menu.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank stutayva
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

Average decor, average menu, below average waitstaff, below average cuisine. After looking at the rather limited menu, decided on what should have been a safe option, the hamburger. I ordered a burger with cheese. Waiter asked if I would like anything else on that, so I stated what are my choices? I was told told a list of things and selected lettuce tomato onion mushroom and pickle. I was charged extra (was not told these items are extra)for 3 items bringing my average priced burger to an above average price. When the burger was delivered it was WELL done (charcoal black) ordered Med rare. Tomato was an end slice with the stem lettuce was center pice and hard. Told waiter he said he was sorry they were having kitchen problems ??? Manager I was told was not available???? Needless to say I recommend
Only if there is no where else to go

Date of visit: August 2017
2  Thank chodges43
Reviewed August 17, 2017

The Galley has had many owners over the years. At it's present ownership, it is almost a restaurant. We got the fried oysters and broiled shrimp. Oysters were OK. Sides were fine. The Broiled Shrimp were still swimming, need some more broiling. Hush puppies were average. I am not giving up hope for the latest owner. Just need some quality control on the cooking. Service was nice. They can make a meal, just not a great meal.

Date of visit: July 2017