“Don't go for the food...”
Review of Galley

Galley
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Deltaville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 25, 2017

We arrived at 5p on a Wednesday night. Went in the bar door where the crowd was at a loud roar. We were seated in the dining area and the only ones in the place for the food, I guess. Waitress was very cool and perhaps overworked waiting on the bar people also. We had the fried oysters which were $19.99 and nothing remarkable. The cole slaw that came with was supposedly homemade and was blah. Hush puppies were good. We also ordered a Reuben which came with homemade potato chips. It was below par with perhaps two slices of corned beef, and you could not taste the sauerkraut or cheese. The potato chips were great. The waitress warmed up to the point of being intrusive at the end. This establishment seems to be focused on the bar crowd and we heard it's a local hangout. It would probably be nice to sit outside in the summer for a drink. For good food, you'd be better off going to The Sunset across the street where we wanted to go, but they were closed.

Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

Improving after an extended closing for reorganization. Relaxed, casual atmosphere, good meeting place for inside and outside seating. It has a "comfortable" food and bar menu.

1  Thank stutayva
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

Average decor, average menu, below average waitstaff, below average cuisine. After looking at the rather limited menu, decided on what should have been a safe option, the hamburger. I ordered a burger with cheese. Waiter asked if I would like anything else on that, so I stated what are my choices? I was told told a list of things and selected lettuce tomato onion mushroom and pickle. I was charged extra (was not told these items are extra)for 3 items bringing my average priced burger to an above average price. When the burger was delivered it was WELL done (charcoal black) ordered Med rare. Tomato was an end slice with the stem lettuce was center pice and hard. Told waiter he said he was sorry they were having kitchen problems ??? Manager I was told was not available???? Needless to say I recommend
Only if there is no where else to go

2  Thank chodges43
Reviewed August 17, 2017

The Galley has had many owners over the years. At it's present ownership, it is almost a restaurant. We got the fried oysters and broiled shrimp. Oysters were OK. Sides were fine. The Broiled Shrimp were still swimming, need some more broiling. Hush puppies were average. I am not giving up hope for the latest owner. Just need some quality control on the cooking. Service was nice. They can make a meal, just not a great meal.

Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

First time here at the Galley. It was a quiet Saturday at around 1:30pm. I saw two people exit an entrance and went in. It turned out to be the bar area. They have tall tables in the bar area, one TV set to the news and one server. She was friendly and asked if I wanted to sit in the bar side or restaurant side. The main difference was the table height and TV vs radio. It was going to be a quick meals so the bar was fine. I ordered the Crab Cake Sandwich and fries. The food came quick. The sandwich looked small at first but then I realized it had a lot of mayo so when I took a bite it expanded to the edge of the hamburger bun. Not what I'm used to but it was still good. Came with tartar sauce and cocktail sauce. I don't use either but I guess some people do. Fries were hand cut and yummy. Sandwich with fries and a water came to around $12. The building looks run down they have a wall ac unit which kept thing on the moist side but on a 97 degree day it was cool inside. The bathroom was clean. The staff was friendly. I'll try the restaurant side next time.