“Great Winery - Great Service - Amazing Views”
Review of Delaplane Cellars

Delaplane Cellars
Ranked #5 of 12 things to do in Delaplane
Reviewed August 31, 2011

My daughter and I spent a couple hours at this winery - it's true that there are only a few wines to taste, but they were all very good and our server was very informative and fun to chat with. We purchased a bottle and ordered bread and cheese - you don't want to go without eating some of their wonderful bread!!! We started our lunch out on the patio until it started raining - but the view inside with the full wall of windows looking out over the vineyards and the hills was like being outside.

1  Thank sweetkeys
"enjoy the view"
in 4 reviews
"tasting menu"
in 4 reviews
"staff was very friendly"

Reviewed August 21, 2011

Visited Delaplane Cellars vineyard today. Wine Tasting over-priced for stingy 5-samples and stingy quantities in each sample. Counter staff were VERY rude. Refused to allow my daughter to sit at table during Wine Tasting of parents; refused to allow my daughter to stand at our beside at the Tasting Bar and scolded us repeatedly every time daughter even touched the counter-top. When I asked for explanation, Staff got even more rude and argumentative. We just left disappointed. With hundreds of better, more customer-friendly Vineyards throughout Virginia...and a dozen of them within 50 miles of this place...We recommend that all families that come to the vineyard for romance and friendly afternoon of relaxing fun...should avoid Delaplane Cellars at all costs. The Staff are so rude, we will never recommend this place to anyone.

9  Thank ME98
Reviewed May 21, 2011

This has become one of our favorite wineries. The tasting room is a classy atmosphere with stylish furnishings and wonderful music.. The wines are excellent. We love the reds (try the cinq). The food is always good. The cellar bread is a must. This winery is on it's way up. The owners are personable and the staff is always friendly. We've been to 32 Virginia wineries. Delaplane Cellars is one of the best in Northern Virginia.

1  Thank SPKinVA
Reviewed April 24, 2011

This was my wife and my first stop on a day of visiting wineries in Viginia. What a great time! Jackie was extremely informative during the wine tasting. We will definitely be back the next time we are in Virginia.

2  Thank GradyM333
See more reviews
Reviewed November 16, 2010

A group of five of us drove around the area in Northern Virginia, wine tasting on a Friday afternoon and everywhere we went, people said we had to make sure to go to Delaplane Cellars. As we pulled in for our last stop, we all sighed at how beautiful the property is. The main building faces west and at 4:30 in November, we got to watch the sun set behind the hills and the fall colors thru the amazing glass doors of the tasting area.

We did pull in at 4:30 (they closed at 5:00) and Autumn probably did cringe when she saw us walk in, just before close. HOWEVER, Autumn, Jim and Betsy were phenomenal hosts and treated us to an amazing evening of wine and conversation (no, we did not leave at 5:00)! They stayed with us and shared their journey to Delaplane over their wonderful wines.

While I'm not a wine connoisseur by any stretch of the imagination, I was completely in LOVE with their 2008 William's Gap and their 2007 Springlot Reserve. I look forward to joining their wine club.

My D.C. area friends are now considering having their wedding out there and I can't wait to go back and visit Delaplane again, hopefully sooner than later!

1  Thank Jodie B