“Disappointed”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Richmond, Virginia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Chose hotel for pool and hot tub, but they were under construction and not notified at check-in. No housekeeping after 4. Broken air unit. Windows open but no screen. Smelled cig smoke,no smoking rooms.

Room Tip: Third story rooms windows do open, but no screen. Careful with small kids.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank DA_Coffey
gmbestwestern, Manager at BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
I sincerely apologize that you were not notified of the pool closing. In efforts to enhance guest experience at our property we had to close the pool for renovations and correct the deficiencies so that going forward all guests would have a great experience and enjoy. Again I apologize that you were not properly notified. We appreciate your feedback and will use this information to improve the level of service we provide for our guests. Your concerns are our concerns and we thank you for sharing. We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
acworth GA, United States
Reviewed December 25, 2013

very helpful and friendly hotel employees they really go out of their to people staying. the staff put a sympathy card in my room ( was staying their for a funeral). I highly recommend staying here! I stayed at and innkeeper earlier and found an adult bedbug on my son so I will not stay anywhere but a best western hotel from now on!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review of our Property. We are pleased that you had an enjoyable experience. The staff and I make every effort possible to satisfy our guests and I am glad that your expectations of our property and staff were met. Please visit us again soon and thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Comfortable beds in very large rooms with sofa and coffee table. Nice hot breakfast. Quick in and out. Clean. Nothing to complain. I didn't swim in a pool but looked clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
gmbestwestern, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for your review and visiting our hotel. We hope to see you again soon
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 13, 2013

always enjoying staying at this property!!! the staff is wonderful. the breakfast was very good and the beds are very confortable. good selection for breakfast and the indoor pool was relaxing. good location for different restraunt choices as well so i recommend this hotel for anyone whom is traveling to danville, va

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

gmbestwestern, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you we value your review and comments. We look forward to your return and hope that you have many more enjoyable stays!
Gretna, United States
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Hot tub was not clean. Jets clogged with trash that spewed out in water when I went to use it. I found it disturbing that the staff does not check out the condition of the things they charge extra money for people to enjoy. Several of the jets did not work properly and water did not fill tub as it should of. The room was furnished with only 2 bath towels to use. Most hotels with two occupants furnish 4 bath towels (Two for each occupant). The hotel exterior and lobby area looks really nice, and the room decour was pleasing to the eye. The bed was comfortable. I did not eat breakfast there so I cannot comment on that service. The issue with the hot tub really disturbed me being as I paid extra money because of it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

gmbestwestern, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
I apologize for the experience you encountered on your recent visit with us. You may contact me personally via the hotel or email in regards to your stay and I will be more than happy to assist you. Did you bring the issue to the attention of Desk staff that you could be moved to another room or reimbursed? I know some guests feel that they are complaining or will be retaliated upon if they make a complaint but as for my property your concerns are our concerns and I can only stay on top of guests issues if they are brought to our attention at that time, giving us an opportunity to wow you and make you stay an enjoyable one. Please give me a call
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This hotel is one of the newer hotels in the Danville area. This is one of two hotels nearest VIR. If you are looking to stay near the race track, this is one of the better choices.

The hotel is clean and the rooms are large. Fridge in the room is convenient.

Parking is not the best at this hotel, however. There is limited parking in the front or near the side doors of the hotel. If it is busy, you have to park in the back and walk to the sides or front door. There doesn't seem to be a back door.

In summary:
clean
nearer VIR than most Danville hotels
more expensive than some other choices, but you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Elevators are central with stairwells at the ends of the wings.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for offering feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. I am happy that you were pleased with your accommodations. There is a rear door from the back parking lot, it is in the corner from the pool area for future reference, as we look forward to your return. Thank you again for leaving us feedback and rating your stay.
Danville, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel has the nicest staff! Everyone is so friendly and goes above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. The indoor pool and hot tub are icing on the cake! The breakfast is decent and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Overall, great value for the price. I would highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for rating your stay with us and I am happy that you were pleased with your overall stay and staff, I will be sharing your comments with them. We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Comfort Inn & Suites
#8 of 11 in Danville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 5 in Reidsville

Been to BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!