Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites
$50
$45
$45
TripAdvisor
All reviewsindoor poolsitting areabreakfast managercoffee tablewafflesgreat varietyvery clean hotelfood optionsrooms are largehotel stayquiet locationwould definitely stay here againthe breakfast areathe wi fia king size bedva areawaffle maker
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Loved the decor and the staff was very courteous and friendly. Quick check-in. Clean rooms and great continental breakfast. Bagels were nice and fresh. I especially appreciated the staff enforcing the rules for the pool hours to ensure safety. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: All floors seem to be quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I recently stayed here for 2 nights. I found the rooms, and the hotel to be nice and clean. The room was larger than expected, which was a nice bonus. Also the staff were excellent in helping us find our way around, even when I asked for directions late at night.

The breakfast was also wonderful with hot choices such as eggs, bacon, and buscuits amongst other choices. The only thing is the breakfast ends at 10am, not 11am as stated in the room booklet. But for us that didn't turn out to be a problem.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't forget to ask for your AAA discount.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2012

the only suggestion a little larger breakfast with different eggs but good breakfast. now after nick picking let me say great room (large) great beds, very clean, friendly staff willing to help. noticed they were helpful to another guests. very thoughtful. i recently stayed at the omni in richmond they could take a lesson from these guys in danville. GREAT JOB GUYS

Room Tip: we had the closest room to the front desk and road. bad location i thought. but great sleep never heard a thing from out side our room and it was a sold out night
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Stayed here to be close to VIR on our third trip to Danville. Pleasantly surprised with the hotel. It seemed brand new - very clean and nicely appointed. The staff were very friendly and remembered us throughout our stay. We had one of the larger rooms with a sitting area. I would ask the hotel to consider placing some type of room divider between the seating and bedroom areas - the room was plenty large, but even though there were 2 TVs, you couldn't have 2 people watch then on different channels because they were so close together with no divider. The room would also be large enough for a small table and chairs to be placed in the room. Very nice, full breakfast (really - great variety including bacon and eggs and healthy choices like fruit, yogurt and cereal bars). The pool was extremely clean and large enough to turn around in - a pleasant surprise for a hotel. The exercise area was small with 3 machines, but it had enough variety for my workout and also offered the option of a free pass to a local fitness center. The rooms were not extremely well insulated - it was a bit noisy but it could have been because our room was near the stairway. The helpful, friendly staff really help make this place, but the rate, amenities and condition of the hotel were excellent too. Overall, we will definitely come back here next time we head to VIR!

Room Tip: The larger rooms are very nice. Try for something away from the stairs or elevator to assure quiet. The front of the hotel faces the roadway (route 58) but is far enough back that noise was not an issue.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BuddyRoanoke
gmbestwestern, General Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Mrs. Thompson, thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. Under the circumstances I sympathize at how frustrating billing issues can be. I spoke with you and explained the charges and holds to your debit card and when you called back with the bank on the line I asked you to call me back in 10 minutes because I was the only person available at the desk at the time and I was assisting another customer. You did not call me back to answer any further questions but contacted Best Western Corp. My job is not limited to my office or desk otherwise we would be discussing additional issues. Once you involve Best Western we follow-up to the complaints. Best Western Corporate understood the charges and when debit cards are used there is an authorization hold. I have experienced this myself in travel which is why I no longer use my debit card for lodging. I am not sure what the issue was that your card would only allow one room charge and not the other but as explained we only charged the one room to your card and posted the cash payment to the other room. I deeply apologize that you did not enjoy your stay and I deeply apologize you experienced these issues during your time of bereavement. We have no control when the banks release authorizations and I pray that it is resolved soon for you.

Reviewed September 9, 2011

We stayed here when we decided to leave our hometown to avoid the coming of hurricane Irene. I brought my two parents in their 80s and we reserved two rooms at the last minute. I was delighted they were able to give my parents a handicapped accessible room, very near the entry, with the walk-in shower. The motel was packed with other "refugees" from the hurricane - but the staff was extraordinarily helpful and the motel was very clean. We had a lovely combination continental/hot breakfast every morning with almost anything you could want. Rooms had coffee-makers, fridges, and microwaves - and there was a small grocery store right next door. This was a very convenient location with gas stations and stores - and about 4 1/2 miles up the road there was a mall, chain restaurants of every kind, a Target and a Walmart. They "saved the day" for us.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family