“Outstanding!”
Review of Tank Museum

Tank Museum
Ranked #2 of 22 things to do in Danville
More attraction details
Owner description: Journey thru Military History at the most extensive collection of International Tank and Cavalry artifacts found anywhere in the world. Prepare yourself for an awesome adventure for both young and old alike. 119 Tanks and Artillery, plus uniforms, headgear and much much more dating from 1509 to present.
Reviewed August 13, 2008

If it weren't for an out-of-the way billboard on I-29, we never would have know about this wonderful museum. My 7-year-old was so excited he could have done cartwheels across the parking lot! So much to see - 100+ actual tanks and tons more military items - extensive uniform collection, hundreds of hats from centuries of war, the list goes on and on. Great gift shop too for everyone. Make sure you wear your walking shoes - three warehouses full of just tanks alone. Kept my son's solid attention for 2 hours. Admission is a little on the high side ($10 for adults, 9.50 for kids and seniors) but if you are into military history, it's worth it.

3  Thank NCPianoPlayer

A TripAdvisor Member
Albany, New York
Reviewed July 3, 2006

Having traveled the world for business and pleasure purposes, I have visited every major and just about all minor military museums there is to find. Nowhere in this world tour did any military museum stand out more in my mind than my trip to the unbelievable AAF Tank Museum located in Danville, Virginia. This museum is a treasure beyond anyone's imagination. I have never seen a more cleaner and friend staffed museum in all my travels. History is a learning experience at this outstanding museum with artifacts dating from 1509 to present. I spent 5 hours going thru this museum and wish I had more time, but will be back with days to spend there.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Tank Museum? Share your experiences!