“Awesome”
Review of Tank Museum

Tank Museum
Ranked #2 of 22 things to do in Danville
More attraction details
Owner description: Journey thru Military History at the most extensive collection of International Tank and Cavalry artifacts found anywhere in the world. Prepare yourself for an awesome adventure for both young and old alike. 119 Tanks and Artillery, plus uniforms, headgear and much much more dating from 1509 to present.
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Amazing to see the weapons of war up close. To think what the soldiers went through to give us our freedom is incredible. Some many different pieces in one place, I recommend this tour through our history.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was a great find we were supposed to leave on Thurs. but a friend suggested seeing this museum so we stayed an extra day. I wish that they had better advertising this is something that every school age child and teenager should see.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Being retired military, I loved it. What a selection to look at, and many other items too - uniforms, patches, dinnerware, photos, silk pillowcases, military bicycles, machine gun collection, remote controlled village, etc. All kinds of things from many eras. It's in a building that had been a tool factory. There are plenty of benches for resting along the way if needed. The staff was friendly and helpful. Cool items in the gift shop. I highly recommend it. A great deal for $10.00.

1  Thank elainethepetsitter
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We took my two teenage boys to the museum and they had a great time. Lots of history, and very well presented. The boys really liked posing for pictures on the designated items. Pay attention to the details on the walls and on the displays - its easy to not give it much attention. The place is huge - as others noted be prepared for lots of walking. Note: the main museum space (tanks etc) is not air conditioned. It can get hot. Take a side trip into the helmet and uniform area to cool down in the climate controlled section. The location is handicap accessible, though to get to the main museum level, you need to go outside and up the driveway. The staff was very accommodating for our needs.We spent about 2 hours there, but you could easily spend the better part of the day if you really got into things There are a number of one-of-a-kind vehicles there which elevates the museum in my mind. A few times a year they have remote control tank battles, and we hope to return and watch one of those. Great destination even if you are not a history or military buff.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My three kids and I happened to be passing through Danville and went to this museum on a whim. It was AWESOME! I have been to a number of military history museums over the years and this one is right up there with the best of them. There is a ton of really cool stuff. All my kids enjoyed even my 13 year old daughter. I will go again if I am ever up that way.

1  Thank paulb1968

Been to Tank Museum? Share your experiences!