“Great prices, friendly staff”
Review of Hams Restaurant

Hams Restaurant
Ranked #83 of 127 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was in Danville with my boyfriend for a wedding, and since Hams was walking distance from our hotel we thought we'd try it out.

We only had drinks and a plate of onion rings, so I can't really comment on what it's like to have dinner there.

The staff were all very polite and quick with our drinks. Our waitress was honest, which is probably my favorite quality in a server.

The drinks were a great price, they were all around $4, which is shocking being from the DC Metro area. They didn't taste watered down or anything.

The onion rings were delicious, and had a great sauce that went with them.

If I was in Danville again, I would definitely go back.

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I love going to the place during the evening hours, however I wanted a to go order and no one answered the phone. Do better.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Starting with the good, the food here is usually pretty good. Not fantastic food but not bad either. I usually go here once a week or so and there are some really great servers here and one or two who aren't that great. We actually had a server here once who left the restaurant right after she took our order and didn't tell any of the other servers so no one ever came back to our table until I got up to find the manager. Don't order extra dressing unless you want to pay for it. I ordered onion rings once at lunch and didn't like the dressing they bring to dip them in so I asked for ranch dressing. The server told me that will be an extra 25 cents. I told her that was a little ridiculous since no other place (except for some fast food places maybe) charges for that and she acted like I was stupid for not seeing it on the menu and told me she had no control over that, it's corporate's fault. Now 25 cents isn't much to pay but I still think it's ridiculous to charge for that.

The building itself is long, long overdo for a remodel. The whole place is outdated and the bathrooms look terrible and I've never liked that the booths are not cushioned at all. Also, the parking situation is terrible there because, during busy times (usually when the bar area is full), you may be parked out back in the grass somewhere but I don't see how that problem is fixable.

All in all it's worth going to. The wings are good, although a bit overpriced. Just don't expect to be won over by the atmosphere and hope for a good server.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The servers were friendly and the food was adequate - about on a par with some of the national chains.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We visited Ham's on our way to a concert on the river. The food was well prepared, large portion and very tasty. This is bar/restaurant, but the atmosphere was still family friendly. All of the food that we purchased arrived quickly & tasted great. Server was very attentive and kept our drinks refilled without question. We will definitely come back to this restaurant when we are in Danville.

Been to Hams Restaurant? Share your experiences!