“Restful Stay....”

Courtyard Danville
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Danville
“Restful Stay....”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was in town for 1 night and booked a room at this Courtyard because of the location to an upcoming event. I thought the hotel was nice, update to date/modern with great customer service. My keycards fail to work but I did not fuss as many other guests tend to do and kept my room and when I did need to step out the front desk representative personally escorted me to my room. The manager Sue and the front desk representative Zerita were fantastic. They were apologetic and offered a room change to which I declined because I didn't think it was a big deal and I loved my room. The engineer on duty and the BISTRO staff were also great. My room was very spacious and quiet. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. Thanks for a peaceful stay Courtyard by Marriott at Danville!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Kathleen A
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Kathleen A,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Courtyard and are glad you had a great stay! I would like to apologize again for the inconvenience with your room key, but am happy to hear our staff was able to handle the situation to your satisfaction. It's also great to hear you found our guest room very spacious and comfortable. We're grateful for your high ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Danville! Thanks again for your comments.

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Had an excellent experience. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was nice and the bed firm. If you like firm beds, you won't go wrong with this Courtyard. The hotel was clean and attractive. The breakfast meal wasn't included but the food was varied and good at a decent price. I'll stay there again when I'm visiting the area. I had a room on the 3rd floor looking out on the city of Danville, which was nice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear PGNevis,

Thank you for your review and kind words! I'm very pleased you had an excellent stay all-around and found our staff helpful and friendly. We really appreciate your high ratings and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Danville! Thanks again for your comments.

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed April 29, 2014

As a frequent traveler, I have developed a high opinion of Marriott management. But in the last year, I have had increasing disappointments. This hotel is an example. While basically all OK, it was not what I expect from a Marriott. The checkin was fine, the room a bit tired, but OK. However there was a very noisy machinery closet across the hall that forced be to wear earplugs to sleep. I noticed that in a hotel that was mostly empty, the rooms next to this noisy machine all appeared to be occupied…? When I complained about the noise, I was told "first time I have ever heard that…" which considering that the noise was apparent from the elevator landing - the managers must have never visited the 2nd floor. At the restaurant, nice people, but on three visits, the staff was not present on two of them - and I did not have time to find them. My complaints were responded to by the manager with a classic example of corporate weasel words that meant nothing and I suspect indicated that the manager had not even read the complaint. I will go to Danville many times on business - but I will start to explore the alternative hotels. This one was not great, but it was not managed like I expect a Marriott to be. And hopefully there are better hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Stay away from 226, 225 due to lots of machinery noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Ed B,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit. I'm sorry to hear your stay fell short of your expectations and would be happy to speak with you further if you would like to give me a call at the number below. Providing excellent service is one of our biggest priorities and we appreciate your feedback to help improve in the future and make sure our guests know how much we value you. We will also investigate the noise issue you encountered and apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have another opportunity in the future to give you a great stay.

(434) 822-2161
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stopped in Danville for a quick overnight stay and decided I couldn't go wrong with a Courtyard. Upon arrival, I was given a gift bag for being a loyal Marriott member. I thought that was so sweet. The gift bag contained a bottle of water and a cookie. Loved it!

When I got to my room, I was so impressed with how clean it was. Everything was perfectly in place and the room was very spacious. The toiletries were Paul Mitchell brand {love this stuff}.

The hotel was extremely quiet and I had no trouble sleeping. The bed was a dream – so, so comfortable. Unfortunately, I slept so well that I didn't have enough time to try breakfast! :)

Thanks for a wonderful stay Courtyard by Marriott Danville!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear en1187,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay and are delighted to hear it was a great one! I'm delighted you had a clean, comfortable visit overall and enjoyed the variety of amenities we offer and some of our other special touches. We're grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and can't wait to see you the next time you're in town! Thanks again for your comments.

Charlotte
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The courtyard is a pleasant place to stay in Danville. They have great staff-always friendly and helpful. The bistro is like other courtyards but again the staff make for a better experience. Many hotels and workers could learn a few things from this group.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear goodeats00,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel - we're delighted to hear you find our staff so accommodating and friendly and appreciate your high ratings! Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town.

custer, MI
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Now by rating this- I have to compare this to other Courtyards. The staff was very good, the rooms were not as good as other Courtyards. Your not paying for a super 8 and your not paying for a top Marriott hotel. It is a nice clean hotel-great for business.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear pyrohobie,

Thank you for reviewing our Courtyard by Marriott. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay overall and found our service great, and we appreciate your feedback regarding your guest room. Thanks for your high ratings and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Danville!

South Carolina
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Friendly, efficient staff. Treats at the front desk (more than normal). Beautiful room. Quiet, comfortable, spotless. All the little things are there too -- extra electrical outlets by the bed, and lightswitches that are intuitive.

Room Tip: I think they are probably all good!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear DonnaSC,

Thanks so much for your review and kind words! We're delighted you had a great all-around stay and enjoyed the variety of amenities we offer. We appreciate your high ratings across the board and can't wait to see you the next time you're in Danville. Thank you again for your comments!

Daly Seven, Inc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Comfort Inn & Suites
#8 of 11 in Danville
Hampton Inn Eden
Hampton Inn Eden
#1 of 3 in Eden

Been to Courtyard Danville? Share your experiences!