“Probably the best stay in Danville”
Review of Courtyard Danville

Courtyard Danville
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Charlotte
“Probably the best stay in Danville”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Clean, modern and well maintained. Courtyard's now have--I don't know when this went into effect--a full service bar and casual eatery on site. I grabbed one breakfast sandwich and it was good if a little pricey. Nice grounds in the back where the pool is. Going back in two weeks and will definitely stay there.

Room Tip: Get a 2nd floor room near the stairs; easy access.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Retrograde613,

Thank you for reviewing our Courtyard. We're delighted to hear you enjoy our new on-site Bistro restaurant! Many Courtyards have added them over the past couple of years and the rest will in the near future. I'm also happy that you enjoyed our outdoor furnishings. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you for your next stay soon!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Chesapeake, VA
Reviewed May 30, 2013

After getting the details for a funeral for a relative I called this hotel directly to secure a room. I mentioned that I wanted a AAA rate and was quoted a price and given a confirmation number. Upon arrival I went to the front desk to confirm my stay and was told that they were busy, had a wedding party, that they only had a limited number of rooms available for a AAA rate and that they could only give me a standard rate. I explained that I had asked for the AAA rate when I made the reservations over the phone and was not told that the rate given me was other than that one. Since they would not honor the commitment originally given to me I cancelled the stay and went right across the street to the Holiday Inn Express where I was treated like family. Bad business practices and horrible and rude customer service for sure. This not what Marriott is supposed to be about and I will make sure to avoid that brand when traveling again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear tripledipper,

Thank you for your review and sharing feedback regarding your experience. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience caused at check-in and deeply apologize that the rate you were quoted over the phone was not honored once you arrived - during busy times we do have reduced availability for certain rates, but we should have indeed followed through once your booking was confirmed over the phone. I will pass your comments on to our General Manager to avoid any similar situations in the future. If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to get in touch with me at the number below. Again, I apologize for the mix-up, and hope you will give us & Marriott an opportunity to redeem ourselves.

(434) 822-2161
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Have stopped in Danville on a couple of occasions and had never stayed at the Courtyard Marriott. Had stayed at other hotels on Riverside Drive but wasn't satisfied with the price, value, security, cleanliness. Wow!! This is my new "home" while in Danville. Check-in was a breeze with a very friendly staff member who was quite knowledgeable about the area and knew all about southern hospitality. Welcomed me as a Marriott rewards member and off I went to the perfect room!!! In Danville on business and the room was impeccably furnished -- no "dust bunnies" here such an ergonomic room arrangement. Lush towels, nice toiletries in the bath for women traveling on business. Also ate a very tasty chicken quesadilla rather than venturing outside the hotel for dinner. Not the least bit disappointed. I will definitely be back each time I return to Danville.

• Stayed April 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Hiwassee,

We're proud to be your new home in the area! We are indeed a great option for business travelers and I'm happy to read that you enjoyed all the amenities in your guest room and found our staff friendly and helpful. Thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in town!

Upper Marlboro
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We arrived after a looooooooooong trip on the road (rain storms, tree falling across highway stopping traffic in both directions, a couple of wrong turns, etc.). I had booked five rooms. We were checked in promptly, given our room keys, and asked if there was anything else we needed. The rooms were large and clean and the bathrooms were larger than any I had seen in awhile. It did have a restaurant on site but I didn't use it. The staff gave me directions to other eateries in the area. I was offered printed directions but the worded directions were better (right turn at the bottom of the hill, turn right at third light, etc.). We truly enjoyed the helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank patcarolsmith
Dear patcarolsmith,

I'm glad you and your fellow travelers got in safely after going through all of that! Thanks for taking the time to review us; we're pleased that our staff was so helpful and you had an enjoyable stay. Hopefully next time you will get to check out our Bistro restaurant! Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you soon!

Wellesley, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Pretty typical but the amenities like free wifi, a on-premise store where you could buy food and drinks and on-site dining make it very convenient. Hotel was clean and quite and works equally well for business or personal travel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear William W,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed our amenities and found everything clean and convenient. We hope to see you again the next time you're in Danville!

Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I recently stayed at the Courtyard-Danville for two nights while on business travel.

This hotel property is geared perfectly to the traditional business traveler, utilizing Courtyard's redesigned lobby concept that provides both meeting and relaxation gathering areas, as well as a bistro with to-go style food choices and alcoholic beverages. The lobby "pantry" offers many snacks and beverage choices. Along with the complimentary wireless, this multi-function lobby space provides a comfortable downtime area for many travelers, including those with children.

Guest rooms are modern, clean and appropriately designed. Layout includes a spacious bathroom with separate sink area, desk with pull-out work space, and swivel TV for viewing from both the bed and sofa area. Also, my room provided a refrigerator, however, I'm not sure that they were available in all rooms.

My only complaint (and this is with all Courtyards) - please upgrade your mattresses, they are too firm to be comfortable .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank VABeerLady
Dear VABeerLady,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear that as a business traveler, you greatly enjoy the Courtyard layout, as well as that you liked your guest room so much. We do indeed offer refrigerators in all guest rooms. We also appreciate your feedback regarding our beds and will discuss it. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Baltimore, MD
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Never planned a trip to Danville, Va - but my family found ourselves traveling to a nearby event on short notice. We booked the Danville Courtyard Marriott online, & hoped for the best. We were not disappointed.
First of all, the price is right. Sure, Danville might be the middle of nowhere, but a good deal on a nice hotel is always welcome. The rooms were nice, and the lobby lounge & restaurant were really perfect for our needs. We didn't spend a ton of time here, but my entire family enjoyed our experience with this Marriott Courtyard. All facilities were exactly what we needed, & more.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BmoreBurke
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear BmoreBurke,

Thanks for reviewing our Courtyard; I'm glad that we were able to serve all of your needs for a last-minute stay! Many of our guests also enjoy our on-site Bistro restaurant so it's great that you were able to check it out while you were here. Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you again when you're in the area.

Daly Seven, Inc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Comfort Inn & Suites
#8 of 11 in Danville
Camber Inn
Camber Inn
#1 of 2 in Gretna

Been to Courtyard Danville? Share your experiences!