“Courtyard by Marriott Made Early December Trip More Enjoyable” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Danville

Courtyard Danville
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
“Courtyard by Marriott Made Early December Trip More Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Early December in Virginia can be brutal even in the southern Virginia city of Danville. The Courtyard by Marriott made my trip to Danville in early Decembr 2012 much more enjoyable. Courtyard has been a staple for me and my coworker as we travel Virginia providing training for wastewater operators across the Commonwealth. The accomodations were excellent, as is usual for Courtyard hotels. Although the hotel doesn't have an indoor pool (usually a requirement for our hardy band of travelers) but the huge indoor Whirlpool (seatng at least 10 people) made up for the lack. I will definitely be staying at the Courtyard by Marriott the next time I go to Danville (Winter or Summer).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Donald S
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Donald S,

Indeed, the only thing predictable about Virginia weather is its unpredictability so I'm happy to read that you enjoyed staying with us during your time in Danville. Thanks for reviewing us; I'm glad you found that our accommodations met your expectations and you could take advantage of our large whirlpool! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in town.

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I'm fairly picky about staying in hotel rooms. A dirty room will freak me out!
We arrived during a bad ice storm and were greeted by a very friendly desk clerk. We were given our choice of floors and chose the first floor. The lobby and halls were very clean and the staff friendly.
The room was pretty clean (but not spotless). There was trash left at the base of the bed that was missed by cleaning - my hotel OCD began to kick in. But the rest of the room met my standards and I survived.
We used the exercise room, which was 3 treadmills, dumbells and an exercise ball. The treadmills each have it's own TV with free ear speakers. There was cleaning wipes readily available for all equipment. Not a huge exercise center, but very clean and tidy.
They do offer a grill for breakfasts and other meals. The breakfast is definately not free and fairly expensive. I would suggest eating at a nearby off site location. They could compete better with the Holiday Inn Express across the street if they offered free breakfast.
Hotel seemed very safe, with key entry to every exterior door.
Overall, a good experience that I would recommend to travelers in this area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear StingerSteve,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us and I'm glad to hear that we were able to live up to your high standards! I do apologize for the small amount of trash and will pass your feedback on to our General Manager so we can work to provide the cleanest experience possible. I'm also happy to read that you were able to take advantage of our on-site fitness room. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again when you're in Danville!

Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed one night . Very clean room . Updated decor. Front desk called after we arrived to check if we needed anything . Very friendly staff. Don't use 1st floor unless you have pets. The first hotel we have stayed in that didn't have Gideon Bible in the night stand. Not sure why . They did have a book of mormon . Would recommend this hotel !

Room Tip: Only use 1st floor if traveling with pets. We could hear dogs barking when we entered . We stayed on...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Ladyfromnc,

Thanks for the review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed our recently renovated decor. We are indeed a pet-friendly property, but we do work our hardest to provide quiet and clean accommodations to guests with or without pets. Thanks again and we hope to see you on your next stay!

Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

A very good hotel. It was very clean and the service was good. Rates were cheaper on line. Has a bar and Wi-Fi. You'd be very satisfied. Its off a major highway but food locations are nearby. I would recommend for your travel stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear NavyMike89,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our Courtyard. Our staff works hard to keep everything clean and provide great service so we appreciate your recognition. We are indeed near a number of restaurants in addition to our on-site Bistro restaurant, which is a great place to have breakfast or dinner. Thanks again and we hope to see you on your next trip to Danville!

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I was a little unsure about what to expect prior to my arrival at the Courtyard Marriott in Danville, VA. However, I was blown away by great service and a clean and comfortable room during my stay.

Check-in was great, though the agent could have been slightly friendlier, but was still very helpful. We were able to score an early check-in, and when our room had the smoke alarm buzzing, the check-in agent (Saturday December 22nd, around 11am) immediately moved our room. The rooms were very clean -- credit goes to Ms. Adelita Reyes, whose attention to detail was impressive.

The courtyard was attractive, the lobby's modern look was quite welcoming. We were able to sit and catch up with friends in one of the snazzy booths. The desk agent in the evening was wonderful, as was the attendant for the Bistro. When we needed more towels late at night, Valen, the overnight Front desk agent was extremely friendly and helpful.

In the morning, checkout was a breeze. The attendant at the Bistro was also a delight.

Overall, I was definitely impressed by the hotel, and would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who happens to find themselves in Danville. Next time I'm in town, I'll make sure to stay for more than just one night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I'm a frequent business traveler. This was my first trip to Danville. I am a diamond member in a competing chain, however, that location did not have good reviews on here. I'm glad I stayed at the courtyard! Nice clean updated hotel. Front desk staff told me it was remodeled in 2009. The convenience of having a restaurant on site is a plus too!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Fort Mill, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

This hotel is a nice place to stay. It meets the usual high standards set by the Marriott Corporation in terms of the quality and cleanliness of the room, amenities for the business traveller who needs to work in his room in the evening, the professionalism of the staff, and the overall experience of your stay. It is in a convenient location if you have business in Danville. And there is a good selection of places to eat supper nearby.However, I still cannot understand why it is that when I tried to make a room reservation on the Marriott Rewards web site I was quoted a "lowest rate" of $120 + tax per night; yet minutes after that, I was quoted a rate of $102+ tax per night for the same room at this property. Needless to say, I booked through Hotels.com! I realized I could not get the Marriott Rewards points if I booked through Hotels.com, but these days, the difference of $18 + tax was worth the loss of the points.

Room Tip: Believe it or not, the rooms that are located next to the elevator shaft (room numbers end in "...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn & Suites
Innkeeper Danville North
Innkeeper Danville North
#8 of 11 in Danville
Hampton Inn Gretna / Altavista / Chatham

Been to Courtyard Danville? Share your experiences!