“Quiet stay in Danville”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Hickory, North Carolina
“Quiet stay in Danville”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed one night . Very clean room . Updated decor. Front desk called after we arrived to check if we needed anything . Very friendly staff. Don't use 1st floor unless you have pets. The first hotel we have stayed in that didn't have Gideon Bible in the night stand. Not sure why . They did have a book of mormon . Would recommend this hotel !

Room Tip: Only use 1st floor if traveling with pets. We could hear dogs barking when we entered . We stayed on...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard Danville, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Ladyfromnc,

Thanks for the review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed our recently renovated decor. We are indeed a pet-friendly property, but we do work our hardest to provide quiet and clean accommodations to guests with or without pets. Thanks again and we hope to see you on your next stay!

David Amick
eCommerce Manager
Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

A very good hotel. It was very clean and the service was good. Rates were cheaper on line. Has a bar and Wi-Fi. You'd be very satisfied. Its off a major highway but food locations are nearby. I would recommend for your travel stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear NavyMike89,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our Courtyard. Our staff works hard to keep everything clean and provide great service so we appreciate your recognition. We are indeed near a number of restaurants in addition to our on-site Bistro restaurant, which is a great place to have breakfast or dinner. Thanks again and we hope to see you on your next trip to Danville!

David Amick
eCommerce Manager
Daly Seven, Inc
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I was a little unsure about what to expect prior to my arrival at the Courtyard Marriott in Danville, VA. However, I was blown away by great service and a clean and comfortable room during my stay.

Check-in was great, though the agent could have been slightly friendlier, but was still very helpful. We were able to score an early check-in, and when our room had the smoke alarm buzzing, the check-in agent (Saturday December 22nd, around 11am) immediately moved our room. The rooms were very clean -- credit goes to Ms. Adelita Reyes, whose attention to detail was impressive.

The courtyard was attractive, the lobby's modern look was quite welcoming. We were able to sit and catch up with friends in one of the snazzy booths. The desk agent in the evening was wonderful, as was the attendant for the Bistro. When we needed more towels late at night, Valen, the overnight Front desk agent was extremely friendly and helpful.

In the morning, checkout was a breeze. The attendant at the Bistro was also a delight.

Overall, I was definitely impressed by the hotel, and would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who happens to find themselves in Danville. Next time I'm in town, I'll make sure to stay for more than just one night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I'm a frequent business traveler. This was my first trip to Danville. I am a diamond member in a competing chain, however, that location did not have good reviews on here. I'm glad I stayed at the courtyard! Nice clean updated hotel. Front desk staff told me it was remodeled in 2009. The convenience of having a restaurant on site is a plus too!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This hotel is a nice place to stay. It meets the usual high standards set by the Marriott Corporation in terms of the quality and cleanliness of the room, amenities for the business traveller who needs to work in his room in the evening, the professionalism of the staff, and the overall experience of your stay. It is in a convenient location if you have business in Danville. And there is a good selection of places to eat supper nearby.However, I still cannot understand why it is that when I tried to make a room reservation on the Marriott Rewards web site I was quoted a "lowest rate" of $120 + tax per night; yet minutes after that, I was quoted a rate of $102+ tax per night for the same room at this property. Needless to say, I booked through Hotels.com! I realized I could not get the Marriott Rewards points if I booked through Hotels.com, but these days, the difference of $18 + tax was worth the loss of the points.

Room Tip: Believe it or not, the rooms that are located next to the elevator shaft (room numbers end in "...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ocean Isle Beach, NC
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I'm a frequent traveler and generally look for the 'premium express hotels' (Garden Inn, Courtyard, & Hyatt Place) ...considering the source is important with reviews. This property is probably about the best you'll find in this town, although Best Western gets good reviews. It has been renovated up to the new decor/standards for Courtyards, but you can only work with what you've got when renovating. Hotel was reasonably clean, not impecable, but pretty good. Rooms a decent size, but not as large as many Courtyards. Room furnishings/appointments to current decor standards - modern, somewhat upscale, & very pleasant. The beds were surprising - not near as comfortable as the previous Courtyard, OK, but not up to premium standards. 2 frequent complaints for Courtyards are the coffee makers, which take a tea bag size 'pod' (and no free lobby coffee), and no microwave in the rooms (although they do have a fridge). Hilton Garden Inn's use real coffee makers (4 cup size) and always have free coffee in lobby. Room towels are the SAME as pool towels - small & not plush. Nice TV. No road noise. No free breakfast, but a limited menu of items ($7-10). Outdoor seasonal pool was nice (clean & private). Indoor hot tub in postage-stamp size room - too hot & very crowded and noisey. Market value would be between $89 and $109 max. $99 would be reasonable. Frankly, not the best Courtyard - I'd say in the bottom 20%, but it's still a Courtyard and a nice hotel. It may well be about the best you'll find in Danville.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

Pretty decent hotel. Nice dark rooms. Adequate firness center. Food in the little courtyard restaurant is tolerable. The best thing about this hotel isthe customer service. They have these ladies that work there that are awesome. Every single one of them went out of there way to be helpful; always with a smile, and well just pleasant! Outdoor pool looked nice too, but I didn't use it. I'll definetly stay there the next time i in Danville!

• Stayed June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Hampton Inn Danville
#8 of 11 in Danville
Camber Inn
Camber Inn
#1 of 2 in Gretna

Been to Courtyard Danville? Share your experiences!