“Employees need lessons in customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of 316 Cibo - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Black Mountain, North Carolina
“Employees need lessons in customer service”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We have frequented Cibo due to its great food. The custom salads are wonderful, and the soups are out of this world. But the staff has never been friendly. I always feel like I'm bothering them when I give my order and check out. But Tuesday, July 31, was the last straw.

My husband and I walked in to the restaurant at 7:41 p.m., looking forward to getting soup and salad to go. The employee graciously brought the salad dressings back out of the cooler, where they had already been stored for the evening, but we were informed that we couldn't have soup, since it had already been put in the cooler.

Silly me. I thought the large signs in the windows that say "Open Until 8 p.m." meant that food would be served until 8:00 p.m. Apparently, it just means that the doors will be open. We were very disappointed and left without bothering the staff further.

Great food is not enough for a successful restaurant. I suggest taking some lessons from Chick-fi-la, where their employees say, "It's a pleasure to serve you" and they mean it.

• Visited July 2012
4 Thank Bailey M

“Best Salad Around”
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

This is the place to be for a great salad. The salads are large enough to fill anyone. They also have a great variety.

Yanceyville, NC
“Absolutely wonderful restaurant”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We absolutely love 316 Cibo! Generous portions of delicious food at affordable prices! I try to make a trip to Cibo at least once a month (we live out-of-state). Their custom salads are out of this world. High chairs are provided and there is a changing station in the women's restroom for smaller patrons. We take our infant, but I wouldn't recommend Cibo for children with picky appetites. They've recently added evening hours which is great since they're usually packed during the day. Expect at least a 15-minute wait at lunchtime (12-1pm), but it's worth it!

• Visited June 2012
Danville, Virginia
“Fresh, Fresh... did I say.. Fresh???”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Wonderful lunch spot. Fresh sandwiches made to order and a create your own salad option.. they have about 50 toppings. HUGE salads. Try the turkeypeno.. it's my favorite. The cream of carrot soup is good, too. Nice decor. Good baked goods.

• Visited March 2012
South Boston, Virginia
“Great New Addition to Downtown”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Tomato Bisque is outstanding. Freshest ingredients in Danville. great location. Looking forward to the warmer weather to enjoy the outdoor seating. Also offer upstairs for larger groups or meetings

Visited March 2012