“Trying Something New”
Review of King Cropp Food

King Cropp Food
Ranked #42 of 157 Restaurants in Danville
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have been wanting to try the food at this relatively new downtown restaurant, and finally had a chance to get some carryout for lunch. The menu was eclectically delicious sounding. Ended up with two sandwiches - one vegetarian and one meat based but both were yummy and the sides were good too. The service was good, they accommodated special requests and the wait was reasonable as was the price. We recommend it for anyone looking to break the standard menu routine with something (possibly) healthier, locally sourced and still delicious.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (7)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My wife and I went to King Cropp Food tonight. The atmosphere was great. It was really nice for a date for sure. Cloth napkins and tablecloths....it was very tastefully decorated. The Food?? It would have been worth it to sit on the floor without a table to get that food....,.it was THAT GOOD. My wife got a Chicken Philly sandwich and I got the Main Street Mac. We also got a Caesar Salad and Buffalo Cauliflower for an appetizer. Everything was AMAZING. The Sandwich was truly one of the best sandwiches I have ever eaten. It would be worth it to go back just for the sandwich, but everything was fantastic. We also got Creme Brûlée and Lemon Pie for dessert. It was a great experience, and we cannot wait to go back. This restaurant is way underrated. It is every bit as good as some of the restaurants we have been to in Nashville, NYC, etc.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed November 13, 2019

Nestled in the River District, this is an awesome location for a lunch. Located in the historic Hotel Leeland building in the original hotel bar and lounge space that once serviced the Strand Theater, this small space boasts some unique architecture and equally great food. The service was amazing and I never saw the bottom of my glass. the food was fresh, hot and on point. Everyone greeted me with a smile from the time I walked in the door until I walked out. This is a must-visit for anyone in Danville; living there or visiting.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 8, 2019

My bride and I made our second visit to King Croop Food in town. The food, grace, service was beyond most if not all in Southside and Raliegh-Durham area. We would highly rate this on the same quality as our favorite restaurant in Va. Beach.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed October 8, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for the first time fir lunch at King Cropp. The food was very good. The staff was friendly and the price was reasonable. I have heard that dinner is good also. I look forward to going back one evening and giving dinner a try.

Date of visit: October 2019

Been to King Cropp Food? Share your experiences!