“stay anywhere else”

Reviewed January 5, 2007

one word: cockroaches

• Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 23, 2004

I left my old but much loved pj's on the hook in the bathroom of Room 105, Super 8 Danville, VA on Friday morning, August 20. I realized what I had done that evening when getting ready for bed and called the motel immediately. The front desk clerk, though kind, could not find them in the lost and found and said I should call on Monday, August 23, when the manager, Ms. Donna Melott, would be there. When I called I was told she would not be in until Monday evening. The front desk manager looked again in "Lost and Found" but could not find the articles.
I called on Monday evening and the desk clerk told me she would not be in that evening - her hours were 9-5. When I told him about previous conversations he admitted that she would be in on Monday night and the best time to get her would be in the morning before 7 AM. I left my name and stated that I would be calling between 6 and 6:30 AM. I ended up calling around 6:40 AM and she was not in the front desk area but upstairs at the hotel, according to the desk clerk. I left my name and number and was assured she would call me back. When I received no phone call by 7:25 AM, I called the hotel and was told Ms. Malott had left without calling me. The desk clerk at the time stated that she would speak to the housekeeping person who cleaned that room on Friday morning, August 20, and call me back at work by 9:30 AM.
I am frustrated by the lack of effective responsiveness to this issue and feel I have received poor service in this area.

Ms. Melott called me shortly after I told the desk clerk I would be submitting a negative review. Contrary to what I was told, Ms. Melott was still at the hotel and capable of returning my call. She told me that I hadn't given her enough time to follow up with housekeeping and that if I submitted the review it would cost her $75. Furthermore, she would not return the pajamas even if she found them.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Danville hotels