“Decent Value”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Monroe, Georgia
“Decent Value”
Reviewed October 30, 2008

The check in at this hotel was smooth with no problems. The rooms are basic. Bed, limited drawers and hangers and decent shower and bath. The room was clean, but a past guest left gum in the carpet and their was still some signs of the same.
The continental breakfast is basic-some muffins, sweet rolls cereals, juice and coffee.
I believe the hotel is a good value for basic needs. There is no exercise room or pool. There is wireless internet. This review is short because this is a hotel offering few amenities. It is in a good location for doing business in and around Danville.

• Liked — location and price
  • Disliked — lack of amenities
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Frederick, MD
Reviewed May 19, 2008

First: Despite what the Super8 website says, this motel is NOT within 1/2 mile east of the US 29 BYPASS; it is within 1/2 mile east of US 29 BUSINESS (downtown along the river). It took me 45 minutes and three phone calls to the hotel to find the right location. I understand the front desk person was having a terrible night with a water leak in one of the rooms which affected the room below and having the rearrange guests, so she had her hands full; however, knowing where US 29 BYPASS is and a simple "turn around and come back about 5 miles or so because we're west of the the Bypass in downtown" would have more quickly clarified the directions because I kept looking within one mile east of the Bypass.

The motel is between Ham's Restaurant and Burger King. What is the deal with building motels next to restaurants then having garbage pickup at 6:30 AM?!? So much for sleeping in. In addition, the clientele appeared to be up all night as room doors were opened and closed all night.

However, the room seemed clean and comfortable otherwise. The staff, even the harried evening clerk, seemed pleasant enough and helpful. Breakfast was the standard Super8 continental fare. It was a decent hotel for the price.

• Liked — good clean room for a decent price
  • Disliked — proximity to restaurants and hearing the 6:30 AM garbage pickup
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Va
Reviewed January 5, 2007

one word: cockroaches

• Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Danville hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 23, 2004

I left my old but much loved pj's on the hook in the bathroom of Room 105, Super 8 Danville, VA on Friday morning, August 20. I realized what I had done that evening when getting ready for bed and called the motel immediately. The front desk clerk, though kind, could not find them in the lost and found and said I should call on Monday, August 23, when the manager, Ms. Donna Melott, would be there. When I called I was told she would not be in until Monday evening. The front desk manager looked again in "Lost and Found" but could not find the articles.
I called on Monday evening and the desk clerk told me she would not be in that evening - her hours were 9-5. When I told him about previous conversations he admitted that she would be in on Monday night and the best time to get her would be in the morning before 7 AM. I left my name and stated that I would be calling between 6 and 6:30 AM. I ended up calling around 6:40 AM and she was not in the front desk area but upstairs at the hotel, according to the desk clerk. I left my name and number and was assured she would call me back. When I received no phone call by 7:25 AM, I called the hotel and was told Ms. Malott had left without calling me. The desk clerk at the time stated that she would speak to the housekeeping person who cleaned that room on Friday morning, August 20, and call me back at work by 9:30 AM.
I am frustrated by the lack of effective responsiveness to this issue and feel I have received poor service in this area.

Ms. Melott called me shortly after I told the desk clerk I would be submitting a negative review. Contrary to what I was told, Ms. Melott was still at the hotel and capable of returning my call. She told me that I hadn't given her enough time to follow up with housekeeping and that if I submitted the review it would cost her $75. Furthermore, she would not return the pajamas even if she found them.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member