“TK's Review”

Super 8 Danville VA
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Danville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed for one night - a last minute change of plans forced me to select this hotel and I thought I was fortunate that they had a room on a busy race weekend.
When I returned to the hotel after a late dinner I realized why the room I got had been saved for last - the bar next door has live music and it was pounding away. I turned the a/c fan up as high as it would go but could not drown out the noise. A peek through the window showed me that I was "lucky" enough to get the closest room to the bar and on the second floor so the sound was coming straight at me. Would have put in ear plugs but needed to be sure of hearing my alarm due to an early start the next day. The music went on until 2:00am but by that point my sleep was ruined and I had a lousy night prior to a very busy workday and an 8 hour drive home. Pretty much ruined my weekend.
The hotel was okay, room seemed clean but smelled kind of funny on first entering. No hairdryer in bathroom - mounting plate on wall showed where it should have been. Front desk supplied one. Toilet was loose on floor - rocked a little.
Didn't take advantage of breakfast, pool or anything else - just needed a clean comfortable place to sleep and was deprived of that due to noisy neighbor. Hate to blame Super 8 for the racket next door but would have stayed somewhere else had I known about the live music.This was a working trip and it was severely impacted by the lack of sleep.
Note regarding management response to reviews: some of your comments are kind of rude. Maybe stop being so defensive about staff and so on and actually take customer comments to heart. BTW - the 2 front desk employees I encountered were very nice.
Left a comment card, hopefully something can be done about your neighbor.

Room Tip: Probably want to stay on the side with the Burger King NOT the side with the bar/restaurant.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
psuthar, General Manager at Super 8 Danville VA, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I will address the issue with the restuaratnt next door. But as you know that its hard to stop someone else who is making the noise. I know that you were depirved of youe sleep for that I am truly sorry. Again thanks for taking your time to write a review to let us know what happens here at night time.
Durham
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The only thing I like about my stay was restaurants were nearby, but my room was dirty. The bed wasn't change, lamps was missing in the room,the bathroom had dead bugs on the floor and dried up urine behind the toilet.The bed was uncomfortable..Daytime front desk clerk was rude...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

psuthar, General Manager at Super 8 Danville VA, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
I had checked with my staff & she told me that she was not rude with him. She did ask him how your stay was. He never replied back to her & she gave him his receipt & told him that Have a safe trip back. If that's being rude then we are guilty of being rude. As for the Dirty linen we have the best housekeeping unit in Danville area hotels & I go & randomly checked their rooms after they are done & it happens to be that I did check the room before he had checked In & the rooms was clean according to Super-8 Standard. I really don't know who is right or wrong but if it makes you feel better than I would like to apologize to Mr. Wesley S. on behalf of Super-8 Danville, VA.

Travelers are raving about these Danville hotels