“well Maintained Super8”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Danville
New York City, New York
“well Maintained Super8”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I would like to share something with all of the readers. I can vouch for this Super8 is a great place to visit if you are in the Danville, VA area. In my opinion this is a great maintaned property. I belive that the rooms are great, the breakfast is awsome, the rates are very reasonable & I was talking to the GM & he had mentioned to me that all of the rooms have microwave & refrigerator. I have been to other Hotels & not every hotels have the Microwave & refrigerator. At least this Super8 has it all that I wanted in my room. The front desk knew their duties & housekeepers to me seems like they knew their responsiblity. I would like you to visit this property as you come to Danville, VA.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
psuthar, General Manager at Super 8 Danville VA, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your time with us. Yes that was one of my first priority to put Microwave & Refrigerator. I have traveled a lot just like you must have & you are right that not even the best & the luxuary Hotels don't have all their room with both of them in the rooms. Thanks for your compliment for my employees they do work hard & deserve an appreciation from writing a nice review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I know I had stayed at Super8 Danville, VA this weekend I truly enjoyed it, The staff was great & the breakfast was nice as well. You should check it out yourself. Thanks again for your hospitality. I know that you will love it!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Terre Haute
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Was a nice commute to Martinsville Speedway with lots of nearby places to dine. Décor was dated but in good shape. Could have had fluffier pillows, I had to fold mine in half to give it any height since they didn't have any more to hand out! Could tell they recently painted the room because their were paint splatters in the bathroom sink and a few spots in bathroom that could have used a little more paint. Overall not a bad place to stay. Had a light switch at the door but it didn't turn any light on!! Had to walk into a dark room when we got there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

psuthar, General Manager at Super 8 Danville VA, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thanks for your review. Yes the rooms were painted recently & the Decor has been added to all of our rooms recently. Just a suggestion I would like tell you about. If you would have gone to the front desk & asked for a extra pillows I am sure that they would have given to you. About the lights there is a switch at the entrance of the room that you need to turn on before you enter the room. Again thanks for your review
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Im in different hotels every night for weeks at a time and I never write reviews on here but I feel compelled today. The woman at the desk at night was friendly and helpful, making me optimistic about my one night stay. The room was nice enough. No bugs or obvious disrepair. There were however quite a few black hairs stuck to the sink, tub, and floor in the bathroom as well as two in the sheets. If this would gross you out beware. I understand this can happen in the cleaning process so not a huge deal to me. Then the next morning, housekeeping knocks at 8:30, okay I can send them away not a huge deal. Loud vaccuming outside my room before 9am, and a very unfriendly woman behind the desk in the morning when I check out, not a plus. She didn't even look up or say a single word even when I did. All in all not a bad place to stop over, but good customer service/satisfaction, don't seem to be a priority to the staff I encountered today.

• Stayed March 2013
psuthar, General Manager at Super 8 Danville VA, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for your review about the Super-8 Danville, VA. I would like to apolozise on behalf of staff about the few black hairs stuck to the sink, tub, & in the sheets. Like you had said that could be done in a cleaning process but I can not vouch for that but it seems like that's what happened. I would like to ask you when is it that they were suppose to Vacuume the room/hallway? I we don't vacuume the rooms/hallways then you would problebly write down on your review that we did not Vacuum the rooms/hallway so we don't win either way. Yes you are right about the good customer service is necesaary but we stride for Great customer service.
Philadelphia, Mississippi
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I would like you readers & the management of Super8 Danville, VA to know that I have been staying at this Super 8 for 6-7 years. I love the restaurant which are close by this property & love the price too. I also love the fact that your property is only 15 mins from the VIR race track. I would also like for all the readers to see what a great place this is. So if you are planning on being a participant or just a fan of VIR then you should definitely check out this place. They have done a great deal of remodeling in the last 12-15 months & it looks very nice to a tee.

Room Tip: Go and check out the new rooms and see it for yourself